Where to buy Duck egg Cartons

CoopCrazy

Brooder Boss
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Columbus,IN
I have Pekin ducks and there eggs are soo big they wont fit into a regular carton .. I want to start selling some and was wondering if anyone knows where to get them ..

CoopCrazy

Brooder Boss
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Columbus,IN
Actually I found some on Eggcartons.com but now cant decide on the 6 or 12 egg carton.. I like the six because of the clear packaging...

Sweetfolly

Songster
10 Years
Apr 17, 2009
Kildare, Wisconsin
I've always had a hard time finding egg cartons too - here's why:

4395114077_8e60e14f09_m.jpg

ep.gif

Try finding a carton that will hold that egg. I get a few of these double-yolkers every year - I just had to share.
big_smile.png

goosedragon

Songster
10 Years
Mar 28, 2009
Central NC
Quote:
Holy Sponoly That thing is HUGE
th.gif
Poor Chicken

Those are DUCK EGGS so no poor chicken! I would look for JUMBO grade cartons, My customers liked the cardboard ones that could be broken in half because they didn't need a whole dozen. There were no half dozen cartons available then.

CoopCrazy

Brooder Boss
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Columbus,IN
Quote:
Holy Sponoly That thing is HUGE
th.gif
Poor Chicken

Those are DUCK EGGS so no poor chicken! I would look for JUMBO grade cartons, My customers liked the cardboard ones that could be broken in half because they didn't need a whole dozen. There were no half dozen cartons available then.

My bad I only have Pekins and chickens so just assumed .. but still thats a big darn egg.. I actually found some plastic ones for just a little more then the Jumbo cartons.. I tried a store bought jumbo carton and they didnt quite fit.. Thanks for the suggestions though...

Sweetfolly

Songster
10 Years
Apr 17, 2009
Kildare, Wisconsin
Quote:
You're talking about eating eggs, not hatching eggs, right?
I've heard of people who can't get people to try their duck eggs for free, people who sell them at $3 a dozen, and even people that sell them for $15 a dozen to restaurants!

$3 - $4 a dozen seems to be the average.
hu.gif
I fall into the "I can't even give them away" category. There's just no market for them here.

Kansaseq

Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
NE Kansas
I charge $2.50 for a half dozen, as my eggs are all jumbo sized. I don't sell a lot of duck eggs, but just keep those for my own use, as the chicken eggs usually go like hotcakes.

Top Bottom