Where to buy Duck egg Cartons

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by CoopCrazy, Mar 6, 2010.

1. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I have Pekin ducks and there eggs are soo big they wont fit into a regular carton .. I want to start selling some and was wondering if anyone knows where to get them ..

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Actually I found some on Eggcartons.com but now cant decide on the 6 or 12 egg carton.. I like the six because of the clear packaging...

3. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    I've always had a hard time finding egg cartons too - here's why:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Try finding a carton that will hold that egg. I get a few of these double-yolkers every year - I just had to share. [​IMG]

4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:Holy Sponoly That thing is HUGE [​IMG] Poor Chicken

5. Sweetfolly

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin

Actually, that's out of one of my Khaki Campbell ducks! I don't know how she does it!

6. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC

Those are DUCK EGGS so no poor chicken! I would look for JUMBO grade cartons, My customers liked the cardboard ones that could be broken in half because they didn't need a whole dozen. There were no half dozen cartons available then.

7. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN

Those are DUCK EGGS so no poor chicken! I would look for JUMBO grade cartons, My customers liked the cardboard ones that could be broken in half because they didn't need a whole dozen. There were no half dozen cartons available then.

My bad I only have Pekins and chickens so just assumed .. but still thats a big darn egg.. I actually found some plastic ones for just a little more then the Jumbo cartons.. I tried a store bought jumbo carton and they didnt quite fit.. Thanks for the suggestions though...

8. tomzr2

tomzr2 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Just curious. But what is a good average price for a dozen duck eggs? I understand the market has to be right and supply/demand. Just looking for an average.

9. Sweetfolly

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Quote:You're talking about eating eggs, not hatching eggs, right?
    I've heard of people who can't get people to try their duck eggs for free, people who sell them at $3 a dozen, and even people that sell them for $15 a dozen to restaurants!

$3 - $4 a dozen seems to be the average. [​IMG] I fall into the "I can't even give them away" category. There's just no market for them here.

10. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    I charge $2.50 for a half dozen, as my eggs are all jumbo sized. I don't sell a lot of duck eggs, but just keep those for my own use, as the chicken eggs usually go like hotcakes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by