Where to Buy Grain mill for Bread Flour and Cereal???

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by pirtykitty, Feb 27, 2009.

1. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I was wondering in anyone could suggest where to purchase a grain fill for grinding grains into flour and also cereal..
    thank you

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  2. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
  3. msgenie516

msgenie516 The Happy Hen

May 16, 2008
    Nesconset, LI, NY
    Hi,

If you have a KitchenAid stand mixer, there is a grain mill attachment for it (or, at least, there used to be). Thought I'd mention it, just in case. Genie

4. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

I bought mine from Pleasant Hill Grain , mine is the family grain mill. I decided on this model after researching reliability and the ability to get a fine grain. It's also nice and smallish. I've been very happy with it. In fact, yesterday I made 2 loaves of bread, bagels and cookie dough with it. Today I am baking the cookies and making pretzels. I do mix in some regular unbleached flour with my breads (not cookies), but that's mostly because my family prefers the light and fluffy breads. I am working on weaning them over to 100% home ground wheat.

I've heard that the kitchenAid one should only be used with the top models, and that the grains aren't ground as finely as from a good separate mill. But, those are all 2nd hand comments, so you will want to do you own research.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by