Where to buy incubators?

I was already looking at that exact same one lol. Yes, the incubator and egg turner is no more than $90. Great Deal.

How do egg turners work? I dont get how it automatically flips the egg upside down and back every day

Some people like them better ,some say they get a better hatch , I have both and I think it is harder to keep the moisture up to par in the air flow one , I just like the still air one better. That has to be your choice I guess.

If its in an egg turner the turners slow tilt the eggs from back to front over the course of 24 hours. Not end over end.

Hand turning you mark your eggs with an X on one side and an O on the other. Lay the eggs down on the wire mesh and turn them odd numbers of times a day. When I hand turn I do it 3 times a day, morning, 2 p. m. and late evening around 10 or so.

Fan kits help distribute the warmth more evenly over the inside of the bators, sometimes still airs have cold spots.

I have a cirulated air and I have 2 old still airs. I like them all the same.

OOOOO so it is not turning them upside down and then back topward again. I get it haha. Thanks now it all makes sense!

I was told the circulating air helps with humidity (water evaporation) and it regulates temps better. It spreads heat quicker when the bator has been opened. I have both. I use both. I have not noticed any batter hatch.
idunno.gif

I just read a review about someone who had a 20% success rate without the air vent but once they bought the air vent they had a 40% success rate. That still seems low to me. Am I wrong?

Quote:
000_0228.jpg

The egg turner tilts them slowly from the front to the back, not side to side or end over end. Hope the pic helps to show you. I had just set these eggs last Monday evening.

I don't have LG....My still airs are old and I mean old 1960s Lyons Transparent Hens, a round bator. I also have a Hova cirulated air model #1583... I have had 100% hatched from my own eggs in all my bators and usually 75 to 80% from shipped eggs, once 90% hatch rate. And a time or two zero from shipped eggs.

Someone people have great success with LGs, you just have to learn your incubators needs and how to operate them. Some try to adjust them too quickly or turn the lever too much. My thoughts!!

Back
Top Bottom