1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where to buy Marek's Vaccine?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bravo, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Bravo

Bravo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    CA
    I just checked Jeffers Livestock and they are out of stock and dont have a fill date. I googled and ran across another site (Twin Cities or something) and they are also out of stock.

In my googling I discovered that Ft.Dodge was acquired by Pfizer...wonder if this has something to do with it.

Any ideas on where else to buy this from?

2. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    High Springs, FL
    check your local feed stores to see if they have any.... That's where I would look first.

3. Bravo

Bravo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    CA
    Well why didnt I think of that LOL [​IMG]

I gotta hunt down a feed store...

Any other places online? Sometimes its just easier to have it shipped [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  4. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    www.firststatevetsupply.com

There vaccine is $18.95 then you pay $10.50 for their cooler and you have to have it sent priority mail. So they aren't cheep but they will put you on their list.
    They way he explained it is Pfizer bought out Fort Dodge so this slowed things up.
    They told him the vaccine will be available after Feb 28th.
    He said a good sign is that they did send him the dilutent for the vaccine and he was told they would be sending out the vaccine Monday or Tues to him.
    So I put my order in, we shall see !!

So if you need it soon you may want to get on his list. Jeffers won't put you on a list or let you order it which is a shame because it would be alot cheeper than First state Vet Supply.

If anyone hears of other places taking orders for it let us know.

Hope this helps.

5. Feathered Landings

Feathered Landings Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Eatonville, WA
    Good luck with the feed store...I just called mine today and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about or what Mareks is?!? I'm really not happy with them right now, I thought they knew what they were doing because they've always been able to answer my questions. They tried telling me maybe it's not a disease in the U.S. or WA state, I just laughed. I'm not sure what to do either now, I have chicks that are a little over 1 week old and can't seem to find it either, plus I found out because they don't know about it, my 1 yr old flock wasn't ever vaccinated [​IMG] I'm going to subscribe to this thread cause I too would like to know what you find out, good luck. [​IMG]

6. thechickonthehill

thechickonthehill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Sadieville, KY
    I ordered mine from First State Vet Supply 3 weeks ago. They called last week to let me know that the Marek's vaccine is on nationwide backorder. The rep said that the diluent has been released and that "is a good sign that the vaccine itself will be released shortly". Hopefully, he knows what he is talking about although he wouldn't speculate on how long "shortly" would be. I had even tried to order it through my vet but he said I would get it just as fast ordering it myself.

7. pbc69

pbc69 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2009
    Sevier Co. Tn.
    Try Randall Burkey Company,phone#800-531-1097.Marek`s Vaccine#25020--$16.99

8. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    You can buy it from Jeffers Livestock Supply.

9. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Why not try your local vet supply store?

10. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    I've been thinking of vaccinating, but Have a question. Can you buy smaller vials.?? I only hatch maybe 20 at a time at the most. So Can I store the vial and use it on other hatches, ???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by