Please add:

Twisp Feed and Rental, LLC
Walk in: 111 West 2nd Ave
PO Box 1280
Twisp, WA 98856
Phone: (509) 997-3621
Fax: (509) 997-3623
www.twispfeed.com

They usually stock two or three brands of organic feed, including Scratch n Peck.

I think the BYC organic feed list is up to date based on what folks submitted. If I left one out that was posted in the thread, please PM me and I will try to fix it. If you want a new listing added, make sure to include as much contact info as possible. Thanks.

We live in NJ and we are lucky enough to be able to buy organic feed at our local Agway. In fact, there are three Agways within maybe 15 miles of where we live, in Burlington County. I look ed online, but the shipping is just about as much as the feed!

We were in Costco Thursday and they had organic chicken feed. I was shocked. Anyway, it was I think $19.00 for 40 lbs, not 50. So check your local Costco. We have to drive over an hour and a half to get to our "local" one.

Wow, no way! Costco now carries organic chicken feed? That would be awesome if the local costcos carried it, but it could be a regional thing for more agricultural areas where there is more demand. However, I am definitely going to check out my Costco. That is a great price! Thanks for the tip.

Check the ingredients in the costco organics as compared to other milled organics and see how it compares.i tried to check myself but they don't list the ingredients online that I've found. Right now for my organics feed I'm paying for a 50 pound bag of layer 27.50 plus shipping. But it has really good ingredients like peas, wheat, flax, buckwheat, kelp, oats, barley, fish meal, corn, alfalfa, rice bran and more. It has vitamins A, D3, E, B12, iron, niacin, zinc, folic acid, riboflavin, copper, manganese and more. It also has probotics added. I was very curious how the costco brand compared because it would be much easier to buy it from costco than have it shipped like I'm doing now. If anyone can find a link that shows the ingredients to the costco food I would be greatful. Does anyone know what percentage protien is in the organic costco layer? Right now my layer is 17%. I'd really love to see the ingredients and see what's in it.

Check the ingredients in the costco organics as compared to other milled organics and see how it compares.i tried to check myself but they don't list the ingredients online that I've found. Right now for my organics feed I'm paying for a 50 pound bag of layer 27.50 plus shipping. But it has really good ingredients like peas, wheat, flax, buckwheat, kelp, oats, barley, fish meal, corn, alfalfa, rice bran and more. It has vitamins A, D3, E, B12, iron, niacin, zinc, folic acid, riboflavin, copper, manganese and more. It also has probotics added. I was very curious how the costco brand compared because it would be much easier to buy it from costco than have it shipped like I'm doing now. If anyone can find a link that shows the ingredients to the costco food I would be greatful. Does anyone know what percentage protien is in the organic costco layer? Right now my layer is 17%. I'd really love to see the ingredients and see what's in it.

I'd be curious as well. IIRC, I did once find the list of ingredients on Costco organic chicken feed (I think here on BYC), I think this was from a Costco store down in California. Not sure if they sell the same brand of feed across all the stores that do carry it or not. Anyways, IIRC, the list of ingredients was not that good and I believe soy was a main ingredient. Perhaps someone can confirm this. Organic soy or not, some folks choose to avoid it.

Last edited:
Yes also is it USDA certified organic? I'm going to stay clear of the soy. It also has less protien than my organic does. I was very curious to see the ingredients. Not just the protein content. I'll look here and see if I can find them. Thank you much

They can't label it as organic without it being USDA certified. That is, unless the company sells less than a certain amount a year (I think it's $5k or $10k), then they can call it organic but cannot call it certified organic unless it really is. So if you buy from a farmers market, it's probably not certified but then again you can look the farmer in the eye when you ask him/her if it is organic and they say, "yes". I can't imagine, with the volume that Costco sells, that any company would be selling less than $10k a year. Probably more like $10k per sale to Costco.

Hello

My feed stores carry only USDA certified organic feeds grains and I'm hoping to be included on your list of organic feeds stores. My stores serve Arizona primarily. Our specialty seems to be our soy free products, based on what people order. Can you please put me on your list. I run the Phoenix location and there is a second group out of Tucson Arizona:

LOCATION 1
Phoenix Organic Wholesale Feeds (open to public)
507 E. Barbarita Ave
Gilbert, AZ 85234
480-577-5995
[email protected]
www.phoenixorganicfeed.com

LOCATION 2
Tucson Organic Wholesale Feeds (open to public)
4926 N. Jersey Ct.
Tucson, AZ 85705
520-360-3744
[email protected]
www.tucsonorganicfeed.com

Let me know if you need any further information from me to b included.

Thank you

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom