Where to buy Silkie chicks?

Sometimes local hatcheries & feed stores have them. I got mine at the local feed store. You just have to keep an eye out, 'cause they go fast! Other than that I'd say order them online but there's usually a minimum of 15 chicks for that kind of thing

I was lucky and got mine local from a fantastic breeder. All are so healthy and very friendly and sweet. Already in love with them and should I get more silkies going back to her. VJP Poultry for anyone in MN looking for Silkies.

What I did is went to my local feed store and pre-ordered some. They may cost more this way, but usually you are able to get as many as you want of them. Make sure to pre-order them early, such as in January or February. I was able to get three last year that turned out to be two pullets and a cockerel. I have already hatched six this winter and have more coming.

Oh nice how old are those bigger ones? Mine are only 1 week right now but getting their other fluff in I guess you could say. Mine are from a breeder, 1 white, 1 splash, and 2 buffs. Looking forward to seeing what I get and how they turn out. The breeder had some amazing looking birds there.

Nice, I'm finding this wait to have my chicks feather out is killing me right now.Can't wait till they start looking more grown up and less chick like. Hoping for 1 roo and 3 hens.

It takes a lot longer than you'd expect for them to feather out. These are what mine looked like at 3-3.5 months.
Cockerel- Top Left
Smaller Pullet- Top Right
Larger Pullet- Bottom Right

I figured since the breeder I got them from had chicks of every stage, from newborns to 2 months and I could see through the progression how long it seemed to take for silkies to really start looking like silkies. Oh well, it will be worth the wait, especially on the splash.

i will have 3 female day old silkie chicks for sale for pickup the week of april 24 must be placed with ONLY other silkies cannot be used as food

Back
Top Bottom