Where to buy something to read humidity???

urbanfarmers

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 23, 2010
Bellevue, Nebraska
I have done lots of searches and I think they are called - hygrometers?? Is there any local stores I can purchase these at or do I HAVE to buy them online? I read that some people have gotten them at Wally World, Radioshack, Petco, etc. but I have to drag 2 toddlers around with me so running from store to store for a quick 5 minute errand is going to take 30 minutes or more at each store!
barnie.gif
When I looked at Wally World in the light bulb section all I found were thermostats and a couple of thermometers but they were EXPENSIVE....$40 and up!!

This whole incubator and hatching thing is a test to see if I can do it before I go spending money on the eggs I really want so I'm trying to be as cost effective as I can. I'm not saying I won't spend the money I need to but I don't want to end up spending more on a hand-crafted incubator as I would have one of the high end jobbies. So any how, where do I buy the humidity reader doo haw?
hu.gif

I bought a $3 outdoor thermometer/hygrometer that can clip on to things in the lawn section of my local Lowes. Works great
smile.png
I first used it for my day-olds, and now I have it in my incubator.

I have to go to Wally World tomorrow, what section did you find it in? I went to the department where they have the paints, light bulbs, fans, thermostats, etc. and I didn't see any in that area. Is there another part of the store I need to look in?

As for Lowes, do you think they would still have them since they are closing down their garden department this time of year? I have been there hundreds of time this year, wish I had know I would need one of these dad-gum things!
hmm.png

I guess I'm not going to be able to avoid taking the babes to all these stores with me trying to find this thing.
hit.gif

Thanks for the help everyone!!!

Quote:
I got mine July 4th weekend, but I bet they would still have them. I went in their outdoor area, and it was with the other thermometers, near hose attachments. You could call the stores to see if they have what you're looking for, to avoid having to drive all around

I soooo feel like a dork now! I never even thought about checking in the garden area at Wally World near those type of thermometers!
he.gif
I guess that's the kind of stuff that slips your mind when you are trying to keep an eye on 2 toddlers and get your shopping done!
ep.gif

Thanks again everyone.....this place rocks!!!!
ya.gif

my walmart has them in the hardware? aisle... they are with the furnace filters which is one of the aisles somewhere between the paint and the tools...

Quote:
I don't work at Lowe's, but somewhere similar. The garden department will still have them. Some summer items are being replaced, such as patio furniture, but most everything in garden hasn't changed.

Back
Top Bottom