1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where to buy TRUE blue ameracaunas?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by lancasterflock, Sep 20, 2015.

1. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    My Pet Chicken gets their birds from Meyer, so sounds like you're out of luck until spring.

Not that I'm an enabler or anything...have you heard of the swap in Corvallis next month? Folks come from all over, it's become a huge event. I don't know if it's "legal" to link to it here, but a quick google search will get you to their page. Lots of nice pure bred birds going to be there, and I think there's an APA show in conjunction this year.

2. lancasterflock

lancasterflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Oh my goodness, no I havent heard of any of that. Im new to chickens so hearing about that kind of stuff is awesome. Im going to get the info on it. How exciting! Corvallis is just a hop skip. :)

3. lancasterflock

Sep 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Donrae i wanted to say thank you so much for telling me about the corvallis poultry swap. I looked it up and downloaded all of the vendors and already told my hubby to black out that weekend as we are going. It will be my first swap, so excited! Its right around the corner :)

4. chickmomma03

chickmomma03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2015
    North Carolina
    A lot of hatchery are EE from what I was told, and from my experience. I bought what was sold to me as purebred ameraucanas (found out later they came from a hatchery and were EE NOT ameraucana like I was sold). Check local reputable breeders.

5. donrae

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'll see you there! I'm not a vendor, but a friend of my Honey's is taking some birds for me. And, I'm going to look, of course....will probably come home with something [​IMG]

6. lancasterflock

Sep 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Thank you chick momma! Im going to a poultry swap so im hoping I will get what im looking for. Black maran and blue wheaten ameracauna [​IMG][​IMG] see you there donrae! :)

7. chickmomma03

chickmomma03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2015
    North Carolina
    good luck at the swap!

8. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    tsk tsk tsk! [​IMG]

9. lancasterflock

Sep 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Thanks chick momma :) so excited!

10. donrae

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Oh, you knew I was going already [​IMG]

I'm so excited about it it's almost silly.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by