1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where to buy tylan in smaller quantity

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by FloridaChick13, Jan 15, 2016.

1. FloridaChick13

FloridaChick13 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2015
    Naples, FL
    Hi, I'm look for tylan because my chicken has bubbles in her eye and it's not healing with saline rinses and vetricyn.. Please help, I've been trying to solve this for a month! I just need a small quantity and all I'm finding is giant bottles. Thanks.

2. beetandsteet

beetandsteet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2015
    SE Texas
    You can buy it at like tractor supply. It is a huge bottle, I know. I have an unopened bottle here at the house that I ordered for a rooster's ear infection, but never used. It was expensive, and now it's just gonna go bad sitting on the shelf

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Most people, rather than buy the $55 and up bottle of Tylan Soluble Powder, get Tylan 50 injectable with a few syringes and 18 or 20 gauge needles. Then give a 5 lb chicken 1 ml of that orally twice a day for 5 days. If she weighs less, five her 1/2 ml or cc. Tylan 50 was around $14 dollars the last time I looked.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  4. FloridaChick13

FloridaChick13 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2015
    Naples, FL
    Thank you. I found some at tractor supply and injected her when I got home. I really want this to work. She's been sick for a while and I have been trying many things to get her eye back to normal.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  5. beetandsteet

beetandsteet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2015
    SE Texas
    I hope she gets better :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by