Where to find a decent Easter Sunday dress?

Quote:
Amen to that sister!!! It seems like they are trying to sqeeze us into low rise jeans and spandex tops at an alarming rate.

If I see one more floral, granny dress made of polyester... I will scream... I hate not wearing a dress to church, especially at Easter... But good grief... Do I have to look like a cast member of Momma's Family?

lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
Amen to that sister!!! It seems like they are trying to sqeeze us into low rise jeans and spandex tops at an alarming rate.

If I see one more floral, granny dress made of polyester... I will scream... I hate not wearing a dress to church, especially at Easter... But good grief... Do I have to look like a cast member of Momma's Family?

That is sooo the truth. I was in K-Mart a while back and there was a cotton dress that was white with tiny blue polka dots. AND ORANGE ROSES. I grabbed it off the rack and found a sales person and asked her WOULD YOU WEAR THIS???? I mean, really? And I espcially love the pants that fit in the waist but you fit three more people in the legs. Or, if you are fat, you must be 9 ft tall.

Ya'll are so funny! I normally were dress slacks and a nice top, but for Easter, Homecoming, and Christmas, I wear a dress. I'm just not a dress person. Plus, I have issues finding ones that fit in the bust and the butt at the same time.

Quote:

That is sooo the truth. I was in K-Mart a while back and there was a cotton dress that was white with tiny blue polka dots. AND ORANGE ROSES. I grabbed it off the rack and found a sales person and asked her WOULD YOU WEAR THIS???? I mean, really? And I espcially love the pants that fit in the waist but you fit three more people in the legs. Or, if you are fat, you must be 9 ft tall.

Heaven's... Y'all must have the same buyers as me! I get frustrated too, when they finally doooooo get something decent..... they sell out of my size overnight....!!! I asked the girl if she noticed that maybe they should order more of this one size than a bazillion of the other and she was like....we get what they send us..... Deliver me! And I am telling you that SAME nasty dress with the blue polka dots and orange roses... was probably in my WalMart......Heaven's I'm overweight.... NOT BLIND!!!
rant.gif
Sorry... guess I ddid carry on there....

(*Hennies takes a deep breath adjusts and smooths clothing*)

But I'm not bitter......
roll.png

Quote:
And the sad part is, it's the same at all national stores! We get what corporate decides to send us! At my work we'll open boxes and start betting on which bolt of fabric will go to clearance. One coworker will pop out of an isle with an atrocity and be like "isn't it gorgeous??" The people who do ordering must be delusional. I hate that we have no say in what we sell.

Our current "winner" is a fabric that managed to have paisley, leopard print, pink, orange, and floral ALL ON ONE BOLT. (the paisleys were filled in with either pink or orange leopard print or floral)

th.gif

Quote:
And the sad part is, it's the same at all national stores! We get what corporate decides to send us! At my work we'll open boxes and start betting on which bolt of fabric will go to clearance. One coworker will pop out of an isle with an atrocity and be like "isn't it gorgeous??" The people who do ordering must be delusional. I hate that we have no say in what we sell.

Our current "winner" is a fabric that managed to have paisley, leopard print, pink, orange, and floral ALL ON ONE BOLT. (the paisleys were filled in with either pink or orange leopard print or floral)

th.gif

OMG... that would make a train take a dirt road......
barnie.gif

I strongly dislike paisley.
sickbyc.gif
(I type this while I sit on my DH's purple and green paisley couch that followed us to our townhouse from his dorm room...
hit.gif
).

I'm always in early Monday morning, at about 7:00 am, while we're receiving freight... It's both fun and horrifying. Fun 'cause we get to see all the fun new fabric, and horrifying 'cause we have to see the not-so-fun fabric.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom