Where to find Merricks vaccine?

FiftyCentChick

Chirping
Apr 6, 2021
I bought 6 3ish week old pullets from TSC and learned that they do not vaccinate their chicks after the fact.

They have not had any exposure to any other chickens, but have been let outside 2 times in my garden. A long time ago I lost a flock to merricks( did not know that was what it was at the time) and do NOT want that to happen to my girls this time. Where can I find vaccines to give to them myself? How does one find a vet for chickens? What other vaccines do chickens need? I live in Cincinnati oh if that helps.

Thank you all so much!

How long ago did you have an infected flock? You can order the vaccine from valley vet supply but if theyve already been exposed then the vaccine will do nothing.

This wa
How long ago did you have an infected flock? You can order the vaccine from valley vet supply but if theyve already been exposed then the vaccine will do nothing.
It was 6 or 7 years ago in a different one. We have moved since then.
Your birds are too old to vaccinate.

You may read the vaccine directions here:
https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail...4l_MgZJfX04p6AmAzYNqADlyPYY7leThoCvFUQAvD_BwE
Thank you for sharing,
I was afraid they were. I wonder why idont work on older chcks.

This wa

It was 6 or 7 years ago in a different one. We have moved since then.

Thank you for sharing,
I was afraid they were. I wonder why idont work on older chcks.
It doesn't prevent the disease either. It may help to prevent some of the disease symptoms.

Don't stress about getting the disease in your flock again.
Don't bring any adult birds home. People sell sick birds all the time.
Continue to buy chicks from a major hatchery and you have less of a chance of bringing the disease home.

Back
Top Bottom