Where to get a hygrometer???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickflick247, Mar 30, 2011.

  1. chickflick247

    chickflick247 Chillin' With My Peeps

    Mar 16, 2011
    Wilton, CA
    Hello Everyone, I am new at hatching eggs. I bought a little Giant 9200 with egg turner. I was wondering where to get a hygrometer and what is the best one to buy. I've been to Walmart but the help was less than par. Does anyone have a model number and brand name? I get my eggs in 2 days. Please Heeeelllpppp![​IMG]
  2. happydog

    happydog Chillin' With My Peeps

    Nov 22, 2009
    Western NC
    I got one at Petsmart, in the reptile aisle. It's round and says Petco on it. It was around $5. I noticed that all of them hanging on the rack showed different readings so I picked one that was in the middle range. Whichever one you buy make sure you calibrate it. You can do a search to find posts on calibrating. Basically you stick it in a baggie with some damp salt. Very simple way to tell if it's accurate.

    Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by