where to get chicks mailed to? (semi-urgent as i’m on the order screen)

froggyphore

Songster
Sep 20, 2019
i’m ordering from a hatchery for the first time (cackle)

because everyone talks about picking them up at the post office and i couldn’t find any more info from googling or their faq i assumed they would automatically ship to the nearest PO based on your address, i’m now realizing thats not the case. my local PO sucks and is barely open, is there any danger getting them shipped to my house? theres another much better post office the town over that i have a box at if so. i’ll be available all weekend the days they’re coming so they wouldn’t sit out or anything. tyia :)

When I have ordered, I give my home address, but they call for me to come pick them up at the post office. If you have more confidence in the post office with your PO box you could try seeing if that is an acceptable mailing address for the chicks.

I would call. A kale and tell them why I want shipped to P.O. Box. THEN call that post office to alert their coming there and ask what time the mail arrives there. My po will call me but I am usually waiting. I want to get them food and water ASAP. THEY have quite the ordeal to get this far! Post office very accommodating and then I brought them some eggs….

Back
Top Bottom