where to get silkie-show quality-

lindy

Crowing
14 Years
Sep 6, 2009
Oregon
I have not had silkies for awhile and miss them. i now have my own place and working on a separate coop for a flock of silkies. i would like show quality (potential). blue,black and splash. anyone recommend some breeders who ship?no rush, can wait until late spring.
really love the s shape smaller combs.

I have not had silkies for awhile and miss them. i now have my own place and working on a separate coop for a flock of silkies. i would like show quality (potential). blue,black and splash. anyone recommend some breeders who ship?no rush, can wait until late spring.
Golden Egg Farm in Maine has show quality birds. Alabama silkies has a show line as well.
Good luck, silkies are awesome! 🥰

Well you can’t guarantee show birds as eggs or chicks so you'd need to buy mature birds themselves. They cost hundreds. (I know 🤦🏼‍♀️)
If you are willing to purchase chicks from show stock the best way is probably to head to a big poultry show. They often have some birds for sale there. Unfortunately with Covid, most are not happening. I have this handy dandy list I put together of great breeders. I couldn’t guarantee show quality, but they have GORGEOUS birds.

Back
Top Bottom