Where To Get Silver Double Laced Barnevelders

Yes, you'd want to have the chicks picked up and expressed. I'm sure the seller won't mind so long as she's not held liable so if the chicks are able to be picked up and then mailed in a timely fashion it should be fine. I've mailed started birds and adults many years ago without any issues. I had some bantam Black Sumatra shipped from Florida to Texas and the post office was super amused because the box was shaking around like the opening scene of Jurassic Park and I had to explain they were eating their apple. :)

Yes, you'd want to have the chicks picked up and expressed. I'm sure the seller won't mind so long as she's not held liable so if the chicks are able to be picked up and then mailed in a timely fashion it should be fine. I've mailed started birds and adults many years ago without any issues. I had some bantam Black Sumatra shipped from Florida to Texas and the post office was super amused because the box was shaking around like the opening scene of Jurassic Park and I had to explain they were eating their apple. :)
That's fantastic :lau

It was pretty cute. The conversations you have in line at the post office are always really interesting. People are amazed you can ship eggs. You get tons of questions like "Don't they need their mom?" or "How do they stay warm?" and other questions that make you wonder how the human race can produce rocket scientists. lol Chicks are even better. People's minds are just blown. My post office was really good with the eggs and chicks. They let me know when the trucks left so the eggs and birds spent the least amount of time there as possible. And they'd keep the birds in their office and load them last so they didn't get too hot or cold on the loading dock which I really appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom