where to go for plus size clothing? help me please **UPDATE#34**

Quote:
Yes unfortunately it is the only one around for like 100 KMS lol i live in canada and i went to buffalo for shopping because the is next to nothing for clothes here in canada for ++ size

Has anyone mentioned The Avenue to you?? I love their clothes!!!

The size 18 tops is going to be an issue. Where I live several women (including myself) shop at Lane Bryant for shirts. I wear a size 18 blouse because of ahem ample cleavage. So not only is the people who are plus sized, but you'll also get people who are not, but have to fit thier chest into a plus size shirt. Here we get alot of women who are a slim size 4 pants with augementations, who them complain about having to shop in plus sized stores. (This amuses me, but I'm like that).

I vote shop online.

I have to have an 18 bottom and like a 22 top because of the breastesses. I too HATE shopping for clothes, everything looks like my great grandmother would have worn to be buried in or else they try to sell me some tight shirts. The whole point in buying new clothes is because I'm FAT and my shirts are already tight, HELLO!!!!!

I feel your pain. because of my religion, i wear clothing that is very modest, must be loose, long, not show your figure, etc. but I can never find anything that I really like that fits those criteria. all the clothing is super clingy, made for ridiculously skinny girls, so now I just hate shopping. but every now and then something comes along that will be perfect, and I'm sure the same will happen for you.

FASHION BUG! FASHION BUG! FASHION BUG!

Haha, I love that store, if you can't already tell. They have so many different fashions and I have only ever dealt with very friendly people there. The last time I went, they asked if I wanted to be a part of their Fall fashion show!
lol.png
That made me pretty happy, even though I am not able to due to college. Prices are great, and the styles are hip!

yea try Fashion bug, they have the same policy about shipping it to you for free if they don't have it in the store.

Also I shop Coldwater creek online a lot , there clothes are VERY well made, can be pricey but if you shop the outlet or sign up for their email updates they ALWAYS have coupons and sales.
Right now they have 40% off anything in the online store.

They just sent me a $10 coupon since it's my birthday month too.
Also returns are a breeze. They do have some stores too but the online experience with them is great. Also their clothes usually run big which is rare! I buy a size smaller a lot of times with them which is always good for the ego
smile.png

www.coldwatercreek.com

Good luck

Nancy

Quote:
Some salespeople REALLY need to find a new line of work -- one in which they spend their time in a dimly lit back room far removed from an opportunity to interact with customers....
hmm.png
I have a few favorite "site stores" like Fashion Bug, but I have had the best success clothes shopping in YEARS since I started shopping on ebay. I know it sounds weird, but you'd be surprised at the variety of new with tags clothing in every type, from casual to formal wear, at an unbelievable discount from original price. The main trick is to measure yourself well (honestly & accurately!), then if the garment measurements are not listed, ASK THE SELLER for them. If you know ALL your measurements, meaning the basic bust/waist/hip PLUS sleeve length (measured from shoulder seam to wrist), inseam length from crotch to hem (some measure outseam, from waist to hem; make sure to note which one is being quoted), length from back of neck to hem if shirt or dress, or waist to hem if dress/skirt, and ask any questions not described or explained in the listing. I've bought several very, VERY nice outfits for FAR less than OP. I bought a 3 pc. pant/tank/sheer shell (pants & tank were knit with chiffon overlayer, and the jacket was sheer chiffon w/ beautiful heat-set beading & sparkles) for $35; the OP was $185. I bought a lovely long berry color dress w/ sheer jacket OP $135; bought it for $18.88, so even inc. shipping and minor alterations (had sleeves shortened) that was a darn good deal. You might do some checking there. Some sellers offer a return policy; others don't, so be sure to ask before placing your bid or using the Buy It Now (BIN). I hope you find what you're looking for; and please don't be discouraged by rude and unhelpful sales clerks. There ARE nice plus size clothes that are not tents or muumuus or look like you ripped them off from Grandma; you just have to look a little harder to find them

Quote:
I dont do make up at all I have been told by many that my skin is to good for that crud...I will wear a little to hide the lack of sleep mommy matching baggage dark circles under the eyes a little but other then a lil eyeliner i dont wear it

my hair I am a fanatic about

and i dont care for the dating scene.... been married for 13 yrs... lol

I started making buying and making jewelry after a miserable shopping outing where everything that fit was ugly, and most of what I tried didn't fit. I now have great necklaces and earrings for almost everything I wear.

I like Liz Claiborne, if you can find an outlet store. Their plus sizes are the same lines as their other clothes, which means cute clothes cut for bigger bodies and different builds. My biggest issues is that I am tall with a long torso and I carry a lot of my weight in my belly. It makes it hard to find many clothes because I don't have the hour glass shape of many heavier women. When I was slim I was built like a boy with no boobs or hips, now that I'm fat; I'm still built like a guy, the one with the beer belly and man boobs...
sad.png

Good luck with the shopping. Find a dress you like okay, or pants or whatever. Then buy a great pair of shoes and some fun jewelry. It will make you feel and look better to have things that fit and look fun. Jewelry always fits!!!

Back
Top Bottom