where to order hardware cloth from?

Quote: Very small rural town, great 'old time' hardware store now an Ace franchise.
The owner is a good guy with whom I've built a rapport with over the years, going in there looking for stuff to use for all kinds of projects, most of them 'not for their intended use'. I often have a drawing or sketch to explain what I'm doing, that intrigued him and he's helped me brainstorm many an invention.

Very small rural town, great 'old time' hardware store now an Ace franchise.
The owner is a good guy with whom I've built a rapport with over the years, going in there looking for stuff to use for all kinds of projects, most of them 'not for their intended use'. I often have a drawing or sketch to explain what I'm doing, that intrigued him and he's helped me brainstorm many an invention.
we have one of these as well that's been family owned and operated going on the third generation. I remember going in there years ago and Mr Kinney (first generation) would say, "if I don't have it, I can get it. If I can't get it, you don't need it" LOL and he was a dream to do business with! Lets just say the grand kids running it now that never got to meet him sure could use some tips in how to treat the customers.........

I see you already ordered so it doesnt matter now, but I had found an older thread of where people ordered and found 2 places that 100' x 3' hardware cloth for $100. In case anyone else is looking: http://www.wayfair.com/Mat-Mesh-Hardware-Cloth-30824-BFJ1036.html & http://fencerwire.com/

wow, those are good prices! The only difference I can see is what I ordered is 4'x100'. Wayfair has that size for $139, but it's 1/4" mesh, what I ordered is 1/2". That wouldn't have mattered to me, LOL but part of my order has shipped already and it's too much trouble to cancel it. Now if they send me anything saying the wire isn't available or whatnot, I'll be ordering that. Thanks for the link, I am definitely adding that to my bookmarks

Back
Top Bottom