where to place an incubator?? hot room vs cold room?

spish

De Regenboog Kippetjes
13 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Belgium
ok so i got my 'bator but am stumped as to where i should set it up. does it have to be in a room with a constant temp or can it be anywhere? we have no central heating here and just an old wood burning stove, so all the 'out' rooms are ice cold day and night, and the temp in the 'central' rooms swing between 10 degrees and 30 degrees depending on if the stove is on or not.

im worried if i put it in a cold room it would have to work super hard or may affect the hatch rate, but if i put it in the kitchen or living room the temp outside the bator is constantly changing and that may also have some sort of effect?
or are incubators so well insulated it doesnt really matter what the outside temp is...just whats on the inside?

the 'bator in question is a brinsea eco 20...so i believe id have to open it now and then to fill the water channels?

we set our inc in a room we don't heat or cool last summer very warm during the day and cool at night there were a lot of temp swings turning down when too warm and getting too cool at night put the next setting in our main room that is ncooled and heated did not have any temp swings hardly at all so it sems to me a warmer room would be better

so if i place it in a room where the temp is roughly always the same, it doesnt actually matter if that room is freezing cold or boiling hot so long as it stays that way?

Back
Top Bottom