Where to release in DFW

You can give me the duck I live in fort worth and I have a duck and pond and they could be friends
That's very nice of you.
I was under the impression that I could re-release him and he'd be ok.
But if that turns out not to be the case, which it's looking like it is,
I'm rather attached to him, and I'd probably eventually rescue another duck to be his companion while I'm away.

But since you're so close maybe they could play some time. lol

I'm would never release him if he couldn't fly or wouldn't survive.
You guys know alot more about this than I do.
I am new to ducks and was told by the people who gave him to me,
that he would fly and survive, but everyone here does not think so.
I will err on the side of his survival.

Thanks to all who have offered to take him in,
but that won't be necessary because he'll always have me,
as I've become pretty attached to him.

I just need to figure out what I'm going to do when he can get out of the bath tub.
I live in an apartment and don't have a yard,
and nothing that resembles a run, if that's what you call it.
I will need to get my ducks in a row (get my act together), as they say.

Thanks to all! You are all very kind!!!

I am 186 miles from you between Coleman, TX and Lawn, TX if you can get him/her here there is a home for her with 24 other ducks. Please do not just release the duck at some lake or pond. Pekin ducks are not wild ducks and their survival skills have pretty much been bred out of them. Another alternative is to Google duck rescue Dallas TX. There are a number of rescue organizations in the results that will probably be able to assist you.
I did not know that. I will google that, but seems like that pretty much settles the issue.
Looks like I got myself a duck!
Thanks for the info!

I did not know that. I will google that, but seems like that pretty much settles the issue.
Looks like I got myself a duck!
Thanks for the info!
Good luck with your new duck companion. And, yes, he/she will be better off with a duck companion. However, two ducks in an apartment might present a challenge. There are a lot of folks that have indoor ducks and they would be a much better contact for information than I would. Check out the duck forums here on BYC and get into conversation with those that know. This group of people, from all over the world, are a wealth of experience and information. I have found them to always be available and ready to assist.

You can give me the duck I live in fort worth and I have a duck and pond and they could be friends
I think he'd rather have lots of room and a friend.
Your place sounds like it might be better than my apartment.

What kind of place do you have? A giant yard and a pond with another duck, you say?
What would he eat there?
Would he be out in the heat all the time?
Would I be able to check in from time to time, maybe get some photos periodically?

you might be able to put him on craigslist and try and sell him on their, I know a lot of people do look for animals on that site we do:)

Never let a domestic duck go too the wild, they can't survive on their own where does he live right now? In your house, since you said you lived in A condo.

I think he'd rather have lots of room and a friend.
Your place sounds like it might be better than my apartment.

What kind of place do you have? A giant yard and a pond with another duck, you say?
What would he eat there?
Would he be out in the heat all the time?
Would I be able to check in from time to time, maybe get some photos periodically?

I feed my duck game bird feed that is what i was told to feed him in the feed store and you could get pics of the ducks if you want and he has shelter in the shade so it does not get that hot and he can also swim in cool water.

Back
Top Bottom