Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning?

It was the first day of my vacation. We were going to be leaving for a camping trip that morning.

I woke up and turned the tv on. While I was trying to figure out (and the news) what was happening, the second plane came in. I watched it as it happened. (I've watched the same clip many times after, but that first time as it happened was a really different feeling). Spent many hours in front of the tv in shock.

We finally decided to go ahead and go to the campground. Figured it was as safe as anywhere and close to home. Only one other camp site was occupied. We spent most of the day watching tv.

I was only 2 years old when it happened. I didn't understand when they were replaying it on the news and I asked my mom "Mommy? Why does that plane keep hitting that building?" My dad was on a business trip near where the plane went down here in PA and we were all really scared. My little sister was only 7 months old, so she doesn't remember it.

I was a brand new mommy to a premie baby girl, August 17th, and I was sitting on the couch feeding her when the phone rang and it was a friend to tell us to turn the tv on. I felt like all big cities were going to get attacked and thought Chicago might be next and was worried for my sister. As we sat there trying to make sense of what was happening....the second plane hit. My (currently X) husband went to work and carried on with life....I sat there thinking...is the world coming to it's end? ....just my baby girl to comfort me and me feeling so scared about the world I just brought her into.

Last edited:
Quote:
I was in route to get 2 wisdom teeth pulled, I ended up leaving after they removed the first because the staff was just to upset to continue, they needed a break and I did too.
I just got that 2nd tooth removed this summer, broke out in a sweat when I thought of returning to that office. Finally this spring the dentist said it had to go before it damaged
my other teeth.He pulled the tooth himself so I didn't have to go back to the oral surgeon. I felt like I may have a panic attack if I returned to that place.

I had just finished my last overnight shift at the hospital. My girls had already been put on the bus and I went to bed. The TV was on. I was just falling asleep when Diane Sawyer said that there was smoke coming from the WTC. Another one of the reporters said it appeared to be a small plane. I must have dozed off for a few minutes because I remember openening my eyes just as the second plane hit. All I could do is stare in disbelief. The next couple of days were just a horrific blur.

I was in bed, I had just been home from 2 massive heart attacks and from being in a coma, and was still not up to snuff.
DH called and woke me up he was at a truck stop watching the terrible accident on TV and as we were talking the 2nd plane hit. I still remember seeing it, but not believing it. I was glued to the TV for the next week praying for survivors.
My DD who was 4 at the time was for some reason completely devastated by the Pentagon being hit. She cried and talked about it for months, the little one's didn't understand. well, neither did us big one's either.

i was only 2 years old, hardly remember a thing, all i remember is it happened the day before my 3rd b-day and my dad had come home from work early.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at work sitting in front of the computer when the WTC had the first strike. A co worker went and told me. Everyone in that office was silent and we had to go back to work. A few ladies were crying thinking we will be next. I thought no, they will not strike a small town but something like Chicago, St Louis, NY, Miami, etc. major cities would be the most impact if you were the killer wanting to go for the maximum killing the most people you can get.

When I got home, I was glued to the TV, the horror and the shock of it all. The Pentagon was something else. The plane crashed in PA, those were heroes!

Everyone was a hero, firefighters, policemen, EMTs and even Joe Public would be a hero too!

I love to read about the unborn children that never knew their moms, dads, grandparents that died that day.

I honestly don't remember what I was doing. Probably playing Zelda without a care in the world. I never really knew of the importance of 9/11 until a few years ago.

I was working in downtown DC, after word got around about the first plane we all gathered in the conference room to watch the TV. I had gone back to my desk when my GF called to tell me that the Pentagon was hit. We walked to the other side of the building and saw the smoke from the Pentagon. We were told to go home and my GF was riding the Metro (subway) I was scared that they might hit that also so I made her come with us, even tho we lived in VA and she lived in MD we drove for four hours thru traffic to get her home, then drove for three hours to get home ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom