Where will all the roosters go??

yes,enola!you are correct! that is the ultimate answer. thats what poultry is for! all surplus roos have to go! i am on a commitee in town of islip after an uproar and outnumbering of poultry breeders to 'sleepless neighbors' who abolished the towns proposal of distancing our coops 150 from property lines. problem with that one is that we all have half and quarter acres. noone has 150 of land at all to spare! my flock is on family property of nearly an acre surrounded by smaller plots.our town supervisor tom croci ordered we the pepole to make a responsible and fair code for our poultry and to form a commitee of sleepless neighbors and poultry breeders alike,to sit down and come up with a happy medium that everyone,including our childrens children can live with,without addressing it again. currently, we can have 15 poultry of any kind or gender(that also includes ostrich and emu too!)in a 500 sq ft enclousre. meaning its perfectly lawful to have 15 roosters! obviously,THAT code needs changing,and both sides agree so far on only that! i am proposing limiting the number of roos to 1 or 2,and to give any surplus roos 60 days to be either liquidated or dispatched.also,that poultry keepers need to use a sound-muffeling material to minimise the pre-dawn crowing from inside the coop should it occur. i think that is more than a sporting comprimise to the current codes to minimize unfounded calls by neighbors to code enforcement. ALSO, i propose that once the new codes enact in january,any calls to any agency pertaining to noise of poultry if found to be unfounded or harrasing or malicious to the poultry owner by neighbors,that neighbor will be fined 350 dollars. call it a harrasment fee.cause if your within the codes,and are in the right,then its unlawful harrasment and a fine should be issued. period. this new structure of codes i propose is intended to reduce cases in courtrooms by satisfiying all parties concern and letting our judical system worry about real crimes and serious issues instead of bothering self-sufficeint taxpaying americans. and at the same time,allowing us to still be americans in the truest sense.here on long island,many towns have banned roosters or even poultry altogether,making it very difficult for us to rid ourselves of our yearly surplus roos,and it takes weeks and weeks to get rid of them. most flock owners here in suburbia/semi-country setting shudder to think of killing our beautiful future breeders that could propigate elsewhere with flocks of their own.most of us have endangered or threatened heritage breeds whos populations are low. but,ultimately,its the soup pot as a last resort for the roos,and the oven for your spent hens after youve selected next years flock of only your best. here our roos can crow all day from 7am to 11pm. (although they bed down by themselves and file into the coop at sunset) they 'may not be permitted to' make noise heard beyond the property lines before 7am or after 11pm.meaning roo must be enclosed in coop and not be 'permitted' to be outside crowing before that time. but it can still be heard from inside,which is perfectly legal.he is not being'permitted to crow' when being restricted to the coop. i want the wording of that specified in laymens terms to avoid wishy-washy court antics. some breeders want nothing changed,one even suggested those inhumane neck strangle collars. well,ill never get close enough to my big boy breeder to touch him at all,and doing so would be an emerency room visit for me if i tried.so thats out. i think my proposals are fairest for both sides and future self-sufficient americans.all other poultry codes would remain the same. its simply the rooster codes that need better clarification and effort must be made to appease 'sleepless' neighbors by having common decency about how you govern your flock.these new codes could be the answer that works and preserves,and if it works it could be applied in suburbias across the nation,and perhaps restore a big chunk of our 'power of the pepole 'as a whole nation.but yes,if you keep poultry,you should always be ready to have to slaughter due to noise, injury,or surplus scenarios. its what our flocks are for. poultry is a food source,not a pet.your dog is a pet.your parrot is a pet 'pet' means 'not a food source' but a companion. your hamster is a pet. your extra rooster is soup. your spent hens are roasters or fryers.you eat thier eggs every day.they are not pets,they are food.period.(in my opnion)

yes,gawildlife, they wont stop with roosters. next it chickens,then ducks,then turkeys then finally if can even think about it,bees as well! in our town there are no codes for bees at all,insinuating we can have all we want! but yes beekeepers are last on the list,but are on it nevertheles of freedoms being stripped from the pepole by our goverment. if we do not enforce our rights to be self-sufficient americans,we have none.and therefore no longer americans but members of a police state dictarorship. and at that point our right to bear arms is all we have left to fight them with.which is meant to stop or overthrow a corrupt military goverment where we become criminals for being americans. but losing our bees is even worse than losing our poultry, as bees sustain our major food supplies and without thier pollination activities on our crops,we all very quickly starve to death millions at a time!! the average nonp-animal person has no true clue about the importance of our honeybees. we cant feed our flocks without the grain to feed them with!!! then its all over for everyone! we cant buy bread,flour,corn,any fruit or veggie if our bees suddenly went on strike or were driven to extinction. we would quickly follow into extinction as well. it would be a worldwide ecosystem collapse without them. we still dont know the true cause of colony collapse syndrome,where millions of millions of hives suddenly die for no reason all at once nearly overnight.thats a big problem and has sent a few big guys into the poor house.if there is any 1 creature in all creation we simply cannot be without,it by far is the honeybee. since we gave up the job,they are now the sole caretakers of the earth and all life on it. but pepole dont get that fact. a yellowjacket and hornet is no different in the minds of the masses than a honeybee,and just call them all bees and kill them on encounter. this is the worst idea going. the masses need to understand what keeps them alive. bees are of even more importance than poultry by far! new york city just recently allowed bees to be kept in the city. most if not all are rooftop setups on the brownstones and office buildings.quite frankly,they just legallized what everyone has been doing for decades anyway,but its nice not to be a criminal now for it! now the 'flavor' of nyc rooftops is going from racing pigeons to honey bees! now thats a green thing to do! i consider bees as well.i have a nice 36 bar top-bar hive i wanted to set up next season.was considering feral honeybees if i can locate a local swarm in spring.(staten island gets a wave from pennsylvania in spring of swarms looking to relocate)

Back
Top Bottom