Rural Olympia Washington Roosters legal?

Nov 27, 2023
Hi all, I live in rural olympia washington. More specifically a place called Evergreen Valley. We recently bought 5 acres and set up our flock only to be harrased by one neighbor about our roosters. I'm having trouble finding out if the rooster ordinace applies to those living outside the city and urban growth areas. Help?

Hi all, I live in rural olympia washington. More specifically a place called Evergreen Valley. We recently bought 5 acres and set up our flock only to be harrased by one neighbor about our roosters. I'm having trouble finding out if the rooster ordinace applies to those living outside the city and urban growth areas. Help?
You could check in your state thread here and see if someone knows. Otherwise, I would look up who is your alderman or county rep and call them to ask if you can't find anything out.

P.S. Welcome to BYC!! :frow

Most places are divided into municipalities which would be broken into different zones. Here each municipality has its own building where road maintenance vehicles and offices that deal with zoning laws etc are held. Here the rural municipalities are called townships.

If your parcel is in unincorporated Thurston County then it should be county rules only that apply. Otherwise you're under the jurisdiction of your city/town as well as county. Is Evergreen Valley an incorporated town, a housing development, or just what people call the area to denote it from other nearby areas?

Back
Top Bottom