wheres my eggs? whats going on? OMG update on what i found!!

melissaowens

Songster
10 Years
Apr 20, 2009
andalusia alabama
i have 10 hens and 2 roos, and i am only getting 2 eggs a day. i am wondering why?

what can i give them or feed them so they will lay more eggs? i am already feeding laying mash to them.

Last edited:
How old are your hens? Are they all old enough to lay?

The fact that you have 2 roos doesn't have anything to do with the hens not laying eggs. It is a common misconception that you have to have a rooster for a hen to lay an egg.
wink.png

What brand of feed do you have them on? You might need to switch brands of feed. I've known several people who have had the same problem you are having and when I recommended that they switch feed, their hens started laying for them.

they were all laying fine and then they stopped. i have switched feed three times this last feed i bought from my coop not sure brand. since they started eating that they lay 2 a day. i was using laying mash from the tsc and they had totally stopped laying.

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! i think i found out what is going on!!! i went out to check on the and a
ep.gif
BIG SNAKE was in there headed to the eggs!!!! i almost crapped all over myself. i have a huge phobia of snakes, my chest hurts sooooooo bad right now and i am trying to calm myself down now that im in my house. OMG IT WAS HUGE!!! i tried to chop it with the shovel and that thing come after me. it was a good 6 ft long! the shovel didnt even phase it.

he was cream colored, black and dark brown.

imma make my huspand go find that thing, i wont be going out there for a while.
ep.gif
hide.gif

I think it is a rat snake! thats what the pics look like when i google rat snake. i dunno but im not going out there to see.

how do i get rid of it? or them?

Rat snake for sure, over here they are also called chicken snakes. I found one in the yard that was over 5' long just coming out from under the house, almost stepped on it when not paying attention. Here in Louisiana you should always pay attention where you walk! Anyway .22 with rat shot takes it's head off right nicely. Look on the bright side, atleast it wasn't a cotton mouth!

Back
Top Bottom