Wheres the Tylan 50?

I found Tylan 50 available to be ordered thru TSC and Big R. But I did find that my Big R store has Tylan 200. Does anyone have experience with Tylan 200? Would that work for my chickens and ducks?
I have 2 - 4 month old chickens and three ducks about a month old.

Tylan 50 = 50 mg/ml of tylosin.
Tylan 200 = 200 mg/ml of tylosin.

It's the same thing but Tylan 200 is 4 times stronger.
If you know the Tylan 50 dose and want to use Tylan 200, then divide the Tylan 50 dose by 4 to use Tylan 200.

Oops. Looks like Eggcessive already answered that.

Last edited:
Tylan 50 = 50 mg/ml of tylosin.
Tylan 200 = 200 mg/ml of tylosin.

It's the same thing but Tylan 200 is 4 times stronger.
If you know the Tylan 50 dose and want to use Tylan 200, then divide the Tylan 50 dose by 4 to use Tylan 200.

Oops. Looks like Eggcessive already answered that.
That's okay, the more people that say it the better the chance of people believing the advice.

I understand the 200 is more concentrated. I don't know the dosage amount for the size of each bird.
On another posting the suggested amount was.5cc for a small chicken and 1cc for a full grown large hen.
What I have not found is if anyone has used this on ducks.

I understand the 200 is more concentrated. I don't know the dosage amount for the size of each bird.
On another posting the suggested amount was.5cc for a small chicken and 1cc for a full grown large hen.
What I have not found is if anyone has used this on ducks.
Ignore any post that does not give a dose based on weight, or any post that says to give it once a day be because they are wrong.

Both Tylan 50 and Tylan 200 can be given to ducks.

Back
Top Bottom