Whey Protein for Poultry?

Mine are like @Perris’s little miss muffets - I make Kefirwhich they love but sometimes they only get the whey because I use the curds myself. Sometimes I just make a quick youghurt by letting milk sour with a spoonful of live yogurt mixed in.
They are? Also at risk of uppity spiders? :)

But I find that massively cool--making your own yogurt (not so much the uppity spiders). That's great! With not enough emphasis sayeth one yogurt fan to another.

Main difference between keffir and standard yogurt is that keffir proteins haven't been acted on by acidification. Whereas in yogurt, proteins that might cause reactions or intolerance issues have been broken down. That's why bodybuilding addicts head for keffir and currently GABA for supposed benefits. (Just shooting the breeze as I brush teeth...)

I have quarts of (liquid) whey left over when I make yogurt. For the next few days, the chickens get that mixed with crumble to make mash snack. If I have space available in the fridge, they'll get that until it's gone. If I don't, the excess gets poured on the blueberry bushes.
That's incredible! (Aww there's a great show from the past, I am a sentimental kind, and hit on a payload of nostalgia TV. So it may make me talk weird for a while. Ehhh sit on it Potsie).

But honest, making your own yogurt! Another one! Is it hard to do? (He asks, going off topic, but its his topic, and he is too lazy to use an apostrophe).

But that sounds great though. So plenty of protein, and blueberries also stand to benefit. Blueberries! Great for vit C (lazy). They also contain a natural anti inflammatory, one of the phytophenols. I love them. Do you ever combine blueberries with your home-made yogurt? (Now Ive turned it into a cooking show).

That's incredible! (Aww there's a great show from the past, I am a sentimental kind, and hit on a payload of nostalgia TV. So it may make me talk weird for a while. Ehhh sit on it Potsie).

But honest, making your own yogurt! Another one! Is it hard to do? (He asks, going off topic, but its his topic, and he is too lazy to use an apostrophe).

But that sounds great though. So plenty of protein, and blueberries also stand to benefit. Blueberries! Great for vit C (lazy). They also contain a natural anti inflammatory, one of the phytophenols. I love them. Do you ever combine blueberries with your home-made yogurt? (Now Ive turned it into a cooking show).
Blueberries and home made yogurt - great for me and great for the chickens. We share breakfast.
Actually the little pigs would eat all mine so I eat mine first!

Of course liquid way is about 95% water, so to get an equivalent amount of dried whey powder, assuming 8.5 lb per gallon which may be wrong, that's somewhere around 45 gallons of liquid whey per hundred pound of feed. No danger of excess consumption there, they would of water poisoning first.

/edit someone recheck my math please. That sounds wrong. Also, not a lethal dose of liquid. I was being facetious.
Yes, it seems less than than one percent is yielded up as dried protein powder. of course nothing about this phone is working today... So I had to screenshot this, it would not let me copy and paste.. But swapping units and 120 pounds of liquid yields a pound of WPC90.

Attachments

• 20230816_014227.jpg
    20230816_014227.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 7
Yes, it seems less than than one percent is yielded up as dried protein powder. of course nothing about this phone is working today... So I had to screenshot this, it would not let me copy and paste.. But swapping units and 120 pounds of liquid yields a pound of WPC90.
And if we all wanted to settle for less purity, then half the liquid. And, if you don't really care how much protein it contains, then next to no liquid at all. Ha. (Don't worry. I always think I'm funnier than I am).

I have been toying with the idea of getting a freeze drier. I could turn my quarts of liquid whey into what, fractions of ounces of powder? For a mere $3K, plus electricity cost. :gig

I have been toying with the idea of getting a freeze drier. I could turn my quarts of liquid whey into what, fractions of ounces of powder? For a mere $3K, plus electricity cost. :gig
Haha well there you go! Be gone incentive to go to Walmart! Be darned those who speak of less! Bahaha I think we have the same sense of humor.

This is another blast from the past. What do you get when The Crypt Keeper hands you 2 cabbages? Kales From the Darkside! Haha (hmmm meanwhile, crickets chirp).

Back
Top Bottom