Which breed are you most likely to buy

What breed would you be most likely to buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I put Ameraucana, but that would be followed closely by EE and OE. If a breeder near me had a specialty line like speckled eggs, bright blue or green, or heavy bloom I would definitely be interested 🙂. Most of my flock are EE or OE. They have the best personalities. If only I didn't have so many that laid tan eggs sigh.

I personally hate when people call EEs mutts I know that's what they are but there breed has a name "Easter Eggers" just because they are not apa recognized doesn't mean they aren't amazing and respectable but that's just my opinion 😉 😜

I personally hate when people call EEs mutts I know that's what they are but there breed has a name "Easter Eggers" just because they are not apa recognized doesn't mean they aren't amazing and respectable but that's just my opinion 😉 😜
They ain't a breed though. They're an amalgamation of birds that don't even have set traits any more. You can't even be sure that you'll get colored eggs from them

It's no different than me calling my red coop birds 'Redstone Larks' or something like that. Same amount of genetic mishmashing (except I can actually tell you the parental backgrounds of all but one and a half of my birds), same amount of set traits, same amount of simariry between hatchlings

I call them mutts since that's what they are. I don't think people calling them mutts means people don't think they're amazing or respectable. Just means they're not a recognized breed.

Just look how cute this mommy mutt is 🥰
20220531_094132.jpg

They ain't a breed though. They're an amalgamation of birds that don't even have set traits any more. You can't even be sure that you'll get colored eggs from them

It's no different than me calling my red coop birds 'Redstone Larks' or something like that. Same amount of genetic mishmashing (except I can actually tell you the parental backgrounds of all but one and a half of my birds), same amount of set traits, same amount of simariry between hatchlings
Okay I know they are not a breed I just did not know what to refer to them as

Back
Top Bottom