Which breed are you most likely to buy

What breed would you be most likely to buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics

Pampered chicken girl

🎶My angels and demons at war with myself🎶
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2022
Hi everyone I am going to start breeding my girls soon and want to know what breed you would be most likely to buy? I know the choices are limited but these are just the breeds I have or am planning on getting.
Thanks in advance ☺

Our local tractor supply sells alot of Easter Eggers and olive Eggers and "assorted bantams" so maybe those I was thinking
So their not even going to be anything better than hatchery birds? If you want to make a go at, my advice is aim high. Buy breeder/show quality birds, breed to the sop and be npip. And try better breeds than a bunch of smarmy easter eggers and silkies or mixes.

My feed store has them all the time! Tractor supply! I only have one bc my others are different breeds, but I always look at the chickies and they are there quite often.
I can guarantee that TSC does not sell araucana chicks. They sell Americanas, but they 100% do not sell araucanas

I personally hate when people call EEs mutts I know that's what they are but there breed has a name "Easter Eggers" just because they are not apa recognized doesn't mean they aren't amazing and respectable but that's just my opinion 😉 😜
I call them mutts since that's what they are. I don't think people calling them mutts means people don't think they're amazing or respectable. Just means they're not a recognized breed.

My feed store has them all the time! Tractor supply! I only have one bc my others are different breeds, but I always look at the chickies and they are there quite often.
No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

Tractor Supply doesn't carry Araucanas.
1654111038678.png
1654111045527.png
1654111052845.png
1654111088422.png

They don't offer Ameraucanas either.
1654111150494.png
1654111156725.png
1654111165538.png
1654111183683.png
1654111179369.png
1654111214617.png

Ok whatever. I’m not looking to argue but our does. They don’t just appear from nowhere
Me either.
I Explain Maggie Smith GIF by Downton Abbey

If you'd like to educate yourself on the difference between two recognized varieties of chickens and what is essentially a glorified mutt you can visit this link.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/differences-ee-ameraucana-araucana-pls-post-pics.128806/

I belive you ours sometimes sells Ameriucanas and if your are lucky LOs so I believe yours could just because someone else's doesn't doesn't mean yours doesn't
When the feed store labels chicks Americana they are really Easter Eggers. You are not going to get an Ameraucana for $3 or $4 from tractor supply

Back
Top Bottom