Which breed should i pick???

I agree that Salmon Favorelle would be super friendly, but I worry about integrating her into your established flock as SF are not at all assertive. Good luck with your choices and please share pics after you pick up! (Salmon Favorelle & Orpington are both on my list for next year!)

Last edited:
I have to say that my salmon faverolle is one of my favorites. She is just such a fluffy goofball, definitely endearing. I always recommend them.

So my husband said I could have more chickens!!! Lord have mercy. Chicken math is real and its real real bad. I saw a hilarious meme. Extremely accurate.View attachment 2352633
Its like a drug. The excitement of getting more chickens is so addictive. Anyway....a breeder in my area has several breeds to choose from. I currently have silkies, ducks, and then a buff orp, barred rock, silver laced Wyandotte, a splash birchen marans, and a black birchen marans rooster...this breeder has available:
View attachment 2352641
What should I choose??? I definitely want friendly, calm breeds. Thats my biggest deciding factor. Most of my flock are brats. They eat out of my hand and come running to me for treats but not many of them enjoy being pet or picked up. Its always my goal to get ones that are cuddly but it hasn't happened for me so far. Except for my silkies.....anyway....please help! I think 3 is the absolute max I can add right now but 2 is probably more realistic.
Buff orpingtons are sweet and friendly!

Back
Top Bottom