Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have NO idea what yall talking about.
horses need dental work just like humans. In the case of horses it's filing them to keep the chewing surfaces flat as they grow constantly theyr whole life. If they get sharp edges or uneven wear, it impacts the horse's ability to eat. So you have to file them periodically. This is called floating them. And of course they HATE it. so you have to usually give light sedation and use a twitch to distract them while the vet floats. Part of that is keeping their tongue out of the way.

horses need dental work just like humans. In the case of horses it's filing them to keep the chewing surfaces flat as they grow constantly theyr whole life. If they get sharp edges or uneven wear, it impacts the horse's ability to eat. So you have to file them periodically. This is called floating them. And of course they HATE it. so you have to usually give light sedation and use a twitch to distract them while the vet floats. Part of that is keeping their tongue out of the way.
Ahh. I might not like horses but I did know what floating was. I skipped over several pages and didn't bother to read, lol.

I Googled it. And holding horse tongues is not necessarily on the top of my bucket list. 😅

But I'm very happy that you enjoyed the day Duckie. ☺️
The ones you really gotta respect are the farriers. You could not pay me enough to do that job and I happily pay and tip ours every 6 weeks. :p At this point I think our pony knows he's coming and she saves up apples just to drop on him while he's trimming her rear hooves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom