Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not a soft and squeamish person, but I watched a YT video and the sounds that poor rooster made was awful.
I don't watch when my husband kills them. I don't like the fact that they're alive for a few moments after the veins are opened. If I were the one that had to do the killing I would just cut the head off. Yeah, the bird doesn't bleed out as well or as quickly but if I remove the head I know I did a good job and the bird's not feeling any pain.

I don't watch when my husband kills them. I don't like the fact that they're alive for a few moments after the veins are opened. If I were the one that had to do the killing I would just cut the head off. Yeah, the bird doesn't bleed out as well or as quickly but if I remove the head I know I did a good job and the bird's not feeling any pain.
The one that I killed wasn’t planned and I didn’t take time to think it through. He was being mean and jumping on the kids and I whacked him in the head with a pipe, so no bleeding out. And honestly, it’s not like there was a lot blood to deal with when I cleaned him. Is it better for the meat if you let them bleed out?

The one that I killed wasn’t planned and I didn’t take time to think it through. He was being mean and jumping on the kids and I whacked him in the head with a pipe, so no bleeding out. And honestly, it’s not like there was a lot blood to deal with when I cleaned him. Is it better for the meat if you let them bleed out?
My understanding is that you won't have blood clots when you go to process, not that it affects the taste of the meat or anything.

Sorry, this is what I was talking about:
Ya I don't believe it's a good indicator for sexing.
I have 3 hen hatched chicks. 2 grew their tails quickly. Ones a male and ones a female. 1 grew in slower. It is a male.
Then I have some others. One was way quicker and it's a male. Then I have some faster and some a little slower. Each way has both sexes.
All of them are leghorns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom