Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess a year. But that's not our only meat source. We also will have some pigs to process.
Taking into account feed and assorted costs to buy, raise, and process them, what's your guesstimate on price per pound for them? Like as compared to buying it from the grocery store.

Taking into account feed and assorted costs to buy, raise, and process them, what's your guesstimate on price per pound for them? Like as compared to buying it from the grocery store.
More than average grocery store prices. I would have to ask my husband because I heard him mention it to our neighbor fairly recently.

I have said similar about our eggs, cost wise. Between brooder setup and coop setup and feed and vitamins, not to mention the chicks themselves (and small order fees 😖) and everything else in between, I don't know how long it would take before we made back our investment at $5 / dozen. I don't see how I could afford to sell them for $5, maybe $8? But it's more the peace of mind knowing, if nothing else, we'll have plenty of eggs on hand to feed our family, and excellent quality ones at that! Eventually with meat too, once we get there. Just knowing you're 1. Not dependent on anyone else to feed your family and 2. You have 100% transparency about how it was raised, because you did it yourself! I think it's awesome @Isadora How many years have you guys done the meat birds?

Of course they didn't just live in the artic. Because during the ice age period almost 25% of the earth was covered in snow and ice.

Mammoths went extinct in large part because of our human ancestors. To say animals should stay extinct is stupid.

Moreover, if they do successfully breed them, they won't be exact replicas of the originals. They will basically be cold hardy elephants. So why wouldn't they be able to coexist with other animals. Today's elephants don't go around squashing every other creature they come across.
I don't appreciate you calling what I said stupid. There have been many times I could have said the same to you but I refrained

Of course they didn't just live in the artic. Because during the ice age period almost 25% of the earth was covered in snow and ice.

Mammoths went extinct in large part because of our human ancestors. To say animals should stay extinct is stupid.

Moreover, if they do successfully breed them, they won't be exact replicas of the originals. They will basically be cold hardy elephants. So why wouldn't they be able to coexist with other animals. Today's elephants don't go around squashing every other creature they come across.
I understood.
https://study.com/learn/lesson/how-did-humans-survive-the-ice-age.html

You two should arm wrestle

or at the very least thumb
table falling GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom