Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said similar about our eggs, cost wise. Between brooder setup and coop setup and feed and vitamins, not to mention the chicks themselves (and small order fees 😖) and everything else in between, I don't know how long it would take before we made back our investment at $5 / dozen. I don't see how I could afford to sell them for $5, maybe $8? But it's more the peace of mind knowing, if nothing else, we'll have plenty of eggs on hand to feed our family, and excellent quality ones at that! Eventually with meat too, once we get there. Just knowing you're 1. Not dependent on anyone else to feed your family and 2. You have 100% transparency about how it was raised, because you did it yourself! I think it's awesome @Isadora How many years have you guys done the meat birds?
This is only our second year doing it.

Man, we already have people trying to pet bison here, we don't need mammoths
too
What if it was trained and you could ride it around town without a license or POI?
1C2BBE63-3ECE-4953-A56A-0B5B8E10F198.gif

I don't appreciate you calling what I said stupid. There have been many times I could have said the same to you but I refrained
Well it wasn't an intelligent thing to say. The blatant disregard so many humans have for nature and its creatures makes me quite upset. And when I'm upset, I tend to lose my eloquence and call said opinions "stupid." So, that also wasn't an intelligent thing to say on my part either.

It's one thing to subscribe to the 'natural order of things', so to speak. Species come and go. But when entire species go extinct because of human actions specifically, it might as well be equated to murder. And to say "once extinct stay extinct" is a rather ignorant stance to take on the state of the planet.

You don't have to like my opinions. And you don't have to like my opinion of your opinions. That's the beauty of free speech.

Did you hear about the person that just got attacked by a bison? Probably trying to get a selfie
People come here and think that they're safe to pet and poke at. I think we've already had 3 or 4 people (including a kid that almost got gored because their parents were harassing one) and the parks just opened this year
What if it was trained and you could ride it around town without a license or POI?View attachment 3169962
We have horses and cows for that

Well it wasn't an intelligent thing to say. The blatant disregard so many humans have for nature and its creatures makes me quite upset. And when I'm upset, I tend to lose my eloquence and call said opinions "stupid." So, that also wasn't an intelligent thing to say on my part either.

It's one thing to subscribe to the 'natural order of things', so to speak. Species come and go. But when entire species go extinct because of human actions specifically, it might as well be equated to murder. And to say "once extinct stay extinct" is a rather ignorant stance to take on the state of the planet.

You don't have to like my opinions. And you don't have to like my opinion of your opinions. That's the beauty of free speech.
You have no idea my opinions on anything so hush it. Seriously, stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom