Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i get pulled over a lot.

i got pulled over today for my tints being too dark.

never getting pulled over blows my mind.
I got pulled over a lot as a teenager. Once had to do the whole drunk driver tests.... because my friend and I were once considered "hot," apparently. And I didn't always run with the best crowds. I got stories.

Holy moly 20 big ones! For a carry permit🤣
in nyc, yeah.

you can apply for one direct from the city. i meet all the requirements that they list for a true “business carry” permit. but they make it almost impossible to actually get one.

so all of these lawyers started popping up and branding themselves as pistol permit consultants who will navigate the red tape and insure that if you qualify, you’ll get your permit. you just have to pay their fee.

in contrast, i think my CT ccw permit cost me $70, paid directly to the state police.

in nyc, yeah.

you can apply for one direct from the city. i meet all the requirements that they list for a true “business carry” permit. but they make it almost impossible to actually get one.

so all of these lawyers started popping up and branding themselves as pistol permit consultants who will navigate the red tape and insure that if you qualify, you’ll get your permit. you just have to pay their fee.

in contrast, i think my CT ccw permit cost me $70, paid directly to the state police.
That's pretty crazy. And what I'd expect here in crazy California. But it's not nearly as expensive or difficult here - depending on the county you live in.

That's pretty crazy. And what I'd expect here in crazy California. But it's not nearly as expensive or difficult here - depending on the county you live in.
When DW and I worked nursing contracts in Sacramento I was amazed that people from the Sierras were almost all conservative and those from closer to the ocean were almost all liberal. Sac. which sat in the middle seemed evenly divided.

When DW and I worked nursing contracts in Sacramento I was amazed that people from the Sierras were almost all conservative and those from closer to the ocean were almost all liberal. Sac. which sat in the middle seemed evenly divided.
The Sierras are turning blue now. Lots of more liberal Bay Area and Sacramento folks moving up here because it's cheaper and it's gorgeous. It's very much in a state of flux, and most foothill & mountain people are not happy. Huuuuge housing shortage. Housing prices climbed about 20% last year because Bay Area folks were coming up here and paying cash. Even in the short 2.5 years we've been here, so much has changed. Our house value has increased by almost 40%, which is great if we are selling, but not so great for folks trying to buy their first home. It's pretty sad, actually.

20221129_171352.jpg

the safety course is mostly on the range, so yeah they’re worked in.

i actually don’t mind that aspect of the whole thing. i wouldn’t mind if ccw permits all had a training aspect tied to them.
They do have training you have to do for a ccw. That's why I said I wasn't a fan of the constitutional carry because you don't have to go through the training course. For a ccw in Ohio, you have to do an 8 hour class, 2 of those hours are live firing in the range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom