Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went shopping with my sister today. Got a nice migraine from dealing with all the idiots. Then went to her house to eat a late supper. Walked in and was almost sick. Her dog, a great dane, was sick all over her house. ALL OVER. And not the puking kind of sick. So I had to stay and help her clean up. Just got home a little bit ago. I'm so tired and she still had to scrub the floors when I left. And her daughter is having a birthday party at her house tomorrow
Oh man! You’re a good sister!

New Orleans and the surrounding area is full of so many cultures that can change faster than the terrain. Settled by Native, French, Senegal, German, Acadian, Spanish, Islenos, 'mericans, Haitian, Irish, Italian, Philippine, Croatian, and that is just until 1900.
Needless to say, pronunciations can be a hot mess.
Just accents can be problematic too. My GF was going to college in Hammond on the North Shore and I was going to transfer to a College on Bayou Lafourche. One is in "redneck" country and the other is Cajun. We both tended to pick up accents so I wondered if we would be able to understand each other on the weekend.
Exactly
But gonna have to disagree Hammond is redneck. Maybe pearl River ha anyway
I have enough vowels in my name that at the doctor's office the nurse comes out looks at the paper then kind of scans the crowd looking for a person that matches the name. I just get up without them saying anything I know they looking for me. Then add a Westbank accent and im a source to be reckoned with. Or better yet Kentucky country folk trying to understand what I'm saying, yeah thats kinda neat. I can tell when I lose them too. They go from paying attention to more of a star gazing look. Certain areas of Kentucky the girls have a very distinct twang. It's noticeable in my wife anytime she says anything with ight at the end. It's either not that bad now or I don't notice it as much. It is what caught my eye though.

i’m waiting for BBH to come back and explain that one.

for now, i’ve chosen to take the distinction as an honor.
No worries, Dick, it was totally random. Yes, you may take it as an honor. I could just as well have chosen Moony to be the special one. But he already gets enough attention, so I chose you. ❤️

I'm referring to how much of a pain in the ass it is to use the public bathroom while wearing a winter coat. Woman's restrooms very rarely have hooks in the stalls, even though most of us carry purses and could use the hooks
This! And they are so small that once in, you have to straddle the stool to close the door. And when you lean forward to sit, your head hits the door. The rest I will leave to your imagination. I feel they were designed by a skinny man. Torture chambers. Even the handwashing situation is a joke. The soap is high up on the wall where a child or handicapped person can't reach it. The list goes on.

Exactly
But gonna have to disagree Hammond is redneck. Maybe pearl River ha anyway
I have enough vowels in my name that at the doctor's office the nurse comes out looks at the paper then kind of scans the crowd looking for a person that matches the name. I just get up without them saying anything I know they looking for me. Then add a Westbank accent and im a source to be reckoned with. Or better yet Kentucky country folk trying to understand what I'm saying, yeah thats kinda neat. I can tell when I lose them too. They go from paying attention to more of a star gazing look. Certain areas of Kentucky the girls have a very distinct twang. It's noticeable in my wife anytime she says anything with ight at the end. It's either not that bad now or I don't notice it as much. It is what caught my eye though.
Your right. It's much less noticable now than back in the early '70's. World Wars made big inroads into the cultures as well as TV and radio. DW and I have woke in Pierre Part to two fisherman fussing at each other in Cajun French but the time of folks back there who spoke ONLY French is probably long gone.
Northshore is unrecognisable in that time too. To move to the Northshore now is like going to Metairie compared to the late '60's. And Hammond being a college town is a completely different vibe. Now we've lost every one else on the site but things have changed SO much just in the last 50 years and this is just one little corner of the world.
"If I had more time (and more awake) this letter would have been shorter."

Your right. It's much less noticable now than back in the early '70's. World Wars made big inroads into the cultures as well as TV and radio. DW and I have woke in Pierre Part to two fisherman fussing at each other in Cajun French but the time of folks back there who spoke ONLY French is probably long gone.
Northshore is unrecognisable in that time too. To move to the Northshore now is like going to Metairie compared to the late '60's. And Hammond being a college town is a completely different vibe. Now we've lost every one else on the site but things have changed SO much just in the last 50 years and this is just one little corner of the world.
"If I had more time (and more awake) this letter would have been shorter."
Traffic, traffic and gridlocked traffic. Too many people for the roads here but they are widening i12. Other problem is drainage. Places are flooding that never have before from building up for subdivisions and rerouting the natural watershed. I'm practically on the big branch federal reserve so at least they can't build too much closer to me. I know property has skyrocketed. I don't know what mines worth I'm not selling but everyday it's inching up. Now keep those pesky wild hogs at bay we'll be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom