1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Which chickens! Help!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by FinaticHen, Sep 16, 2013.

1. FinaticHen

FinaticHen In the Brooder

Oct 11, 2012
    Queensland, Australia
    Hey there!

I have six chickens! Two leghorns, two Plymouth rocks and two wyndottes! I just have a problem! I don't know who is laying! I am currently getting two eggs a day, the wyndottes are too young to lay but the others are of a good age. The leghorns are ahead by years in there age. I am confident that the one year old leghorn is laying, not too sure about the six year old girl, but she did just go through a moult and isn't looking a day over 2 :) The Plymouth rocks should be laying but I worry because they may not be. How can I tell who is laying and who isn't? If the plymouth rocks aren't laying what do I do! They are over 8 months old! They know the laying box is but compared to my other girls, the Plymouth rocks aren't the sharpest tools in the shed ^_^ Help! Are there any easy ways to tell who is laying and who isn't?

- FinaticHen!

2. TOP KNOT

TOP KNOT Songster

Mar 10, 2013
    SHERIDAN IL
    Well the leghorns are going to lay a white egg. The others are brown egg layers.That is a start.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by