Which chickens! Help!

FinaticHen

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 11, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Hey there!

I have six chickens! Two leghorns, two Plymouth rocks and two wyndottes! I just have a problem! I don't know who is laying! I am currently getting two eggs a day, the wyndottes are too young to lay but the others are of a good age. The leghorns are ahead by years in there age. I am confident that the one year old leghorn is laying, not too sure about the six year old girl, but she did just go through a moult and isn't looking a day over 2 :) The Plymouth rocks should be laying but I worry because they may not be. How can I tell who is laying and who isn't? If the plymouth rocks aren't laying what do I do! They are over 8 months old! They know the laying box is but compared to my other girls, the Plymouth rocks aren't the sharpest tools in the shed ^_^ Help! Are there any easy ways to tell who is laying and who isn't?

- FinaticHen!

Hey there!

I have six chickens! Two leghorns, two Plymouth rocks and two wyndottes! I just have a problem! I don't know who is laying! I am currently getting two eggs a day, the wyndottes are too young to lay but the others are of a good age. The leghorns are ahead by years in there age. I am confident that the one year old leghorn is laying, not too sure about the six year old girl, but she did just go through a moult and isn't looking a day over 2 :) The Plymouth rocks should be laying but I worry because they may not be. How can I tell who is laying and who isn't? If the plymouth rocks aren't laying what do I do! They are over 8 months old! They know the laying box is but compared to my other girls, the Plymouth rocks aren't the sharpest tools in the shed ^_^ Help! Are there any easy ways to tell who is laying and who isn't?

- FinaticHen!
Well the leghorns are going to lay a white egg. The others are brown egg layers.That is a start.

Back
Top Bottom