which cities in US allows chickens/hens with or without permit?

it looks like a great post.
wink.png
THANKS

Spokane, WA allows chickens without a permit, provided you don't exceed the maximum number of animals for your zoning/land. Their regulations for coops are a bit wonky, however, effectively prohibiting chickens - however they don't enforce the coop regs.

Springfield Pa (Delco) allows chickens as pets. You can only have one per member of your household, and no Roosters because of the noise. You can eat the eggs..but since the chickens are pets you can not eat the chickens.
They must be in a pen of some sort that prevents them from flying into a neighbor's yard.

New Orleans does not expressly prohibit chickens. In the Orleans Parish Zoning Ordinance there is a definition of a "kennel" as being "more than 4 fowl, dogs, cats, etc", and I'm not allowed to have a kennel in my zone (residential), so..... we assume we can have up to 4 per address. Roosters are also not expressly prohibited, but there are restrictions on "repetitive noise". There is also verbage re keeping coops clean, limiting rodent infestation re livestock, and prohibiting sale of unnaturally colored chicks.

Phoenix, AZ allows up to 3 hens on urban lots, no roosters, hens must be kept 70 ' away from neighbors or neighbors must give written permission if closer. I know LOTS of folks that have chickens that do not follow these guidelines to the letter, but have heard of no complaints. Some of the older neighborhoods appear to have feral chickens. . . I always enjoy seeing them when they are obvious!

Mobile, AL currently allows up to 25 birds. However, the city council is currently reviewing all the animal statutes, so chicken lovers need to get their voice heard. Call your city council person and let them know that you want chickens legal in Mobile.

Winter haven(un incorp areas)Polk county ,Florida

have no laws pertaining to fowl. You can have what you want! The only way it is a problem is if they get you on a noise ordinance for roo's
Livestock must be feed 25ft from property lines.

Montpelier Vermont - no permit required, poultry must be in an enclosure, no commercial slaughter. That's it. No limits on numbers, no limits on roosters, no set backs. Although Montpelier is a small city, there are areas that are densely developed with multi-family apartment buildings cheek-to-jowl on very small lots.

Back
Top Bottom