which cities in US allows chickens/hens with or without permit?

soomi

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 23, 2009
zip code 48126
Hi
I am working on preparing a list of CITIES(non-agricultural lands) which allows chickens or fowl.I know the names of following cities.Can anyone help me telling me MORE cities.
Seattle -3 hens
SanFrancisco- (city code no: health code,Art.1,Sec 37)No permit for 4 or fewer chicken ;20 ft from any door or window

Anaheim- (Title 8,ch.8,Art.IV, Div.2,Sec 8-91)Unspecified number of chickens with annual permit fee of 50$

New Haven -(Title III,Ch.7 ,Sec 7-2) No prohibition on keeping chickens in city; chickens cant roam at large

Chicago -(Title 7,Ch-7-12,Sec 7-12-300)No prohibition on keeping chickens in city; cannot kill chickens in the city.

Wichita -Upto 3 fowl without permit; upto 12 fowl with 25$ fee for annual permit.

San Antonio -(Chapter5 ,Art.V , Sec. 5-109)
The total number of domestic fowl(chickens) allowed at a residence is five. More chickens need a permit.

Houston ((Ch;6.Art.II Sec.6-38 )7 or fewer chickens with permit ONLY if person under doctor’s orders for fresh chicken eggs.
and I know about Ypsilanti ,An Arbor and Lansing too.

thanks
big_smile.png

The entire parish of Lafourche, in Louisiana, may have any farm animal, including fowl, provided they are fenced in and unable to roam onto streets; with the exception of the corportion city limits of Golden Meadow, which no farm animals are allowed......not right.
Those towns include:
Fourcheon, Leeville, Golden Meadow (non-incorporated areas), Galliano, Cut Off, Larose, Valentine, Lockport, Mathews, Raceland, Bayou Blue and Thibodaux

Mesa, Arizona allows chickens without a permit. The relevant sections of the city code are below:

(A) Except as specified in Section 11-3-2, 11-3-3, and 11-4-3 of this Code, no more than a total of ten (10) rodents or fowl or a combination of rodents and fowl shall be kept upon the first one-half (1/2) acre or less; for each additional ten (10) head of rodents or fowl, an additional one-half (1/2) acre of land is required. For areas larger than two and one-half (2-1/2) acres, the number of such rodents and fowl shall not be limited. (4845)

It shall be unlawful to keep fowl, rodents, livestock, horses, or mules in an enclosure within a distance of less than forty feet (40') from another person’s residence, dining, or sleeping quarters that was constructed before the construction of such animal enclosure. (4845)

(E) No fowl, rodents, livestock, horses, or mules shall be cooped, stabled, or confined in any building within seventy-five feet (75') from any residence, dining, or sleeping quarters of any other person than the owner. (4845)(F) All fowl, rodents, livestock, horses, and mules shall be kept in suitable enclosures and shall not be permitted to run at large. (4845)

(A) The droppings of chickens or other fowl or rodents must be removed from the enclosure at least twice weekly. (4845)

(B) Adequate fly-tight containers approved by the City Manager or his designated representative for the storage of fowl or rodent excreta must be provided unless the droppings are completely removed from the premises twice weekly. (4845)

(C) Water and feed troughs must be provided. (4845)

(D) Feeding vegetable or meat waste or garbage shall be exclusively in containers or on an impervious platform. (4845)

Tempe Az allows up to five hens for every single family house. In the agricultural zone there are no limits on poultry. All noise and other ordinances apply. The city has no permit fees for animals. The county requires that dogs be vaccinated for rabies and licensed.

Back
Top Bottom