• Black Runner

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
Next year I will be getting another female Runner duck to add to the flock but I'm not sure what color to get. I've narrowed it down to 3 choices.
I've added a poll above the post!

Could you help me choose?
Which one do you think I should get?

I know I should choose it myself but I'm only allowed to get one so I want some help choosing :)

I'm biased because I had a black runner as a pet and he was a hoot! His name was Runner. He never ceased to entertain with his silly antics. And his color was pretty. When he got old he grew some white feathers on his chest (gray hair!) in the shape of a "V," which was cool. I'd also go with a blue runner just because it's a beautiful color and unusual. (Fawn and white are so common).

what color is your drake? Might you hatch some of their eggs eventually? That is a really fun cool thing to do! If you are think about the colors of the babies your 2 ducks could possibly make. Do you want everyone to look the same or do you want a variety? This is something you'll have plenty of time to figure out until next spring when you're allowed to get another one.

You might want to think about getting a grown duck because if you get a baby it will be very lonely!

I have runners too. 6 fawn/white girls & 1 chocolate boy laid eggs and this spring I hatched out a really different looking blackish pied boys and a real pretty blue pied girls. So now I've got an interesting variety of colors which I love. So, just think about it. Sameness or variety?
The 2 ducks on the left are the result of fawn/white mom & chocolate dad
IMG_0816.JPG
Here are all 11. Hard to get them all in one good picture! the chocolate dad is on the right side towards the back and not easy to see but he is stunning!
IMG_0768.JPG

Here he is with the moms
dwuJvbOWQ1abSBmhQI01iA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom