Which cookbook could you absolutely not live without?

my mom she is my best cook book when ever I am stuck or cant remember all the ingerdients to something I just call her
lol.png

BEST RECIPES From the backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans and Jars ---- Cecil Dyer

I've had it for 20 years. I mostly use the internet now. It's too easy, and the supply of recipes seems endless.

Mine is the Better Home and Garden New Cook Book. Everything I have cooked out of it is wonderful. I have about 300 cookbooks. I love the church, school ect cookbooks when everyone puts their fav one in. They are always good ones.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of online like cooking.com, recipezaar.com, foodnetwork.com and (my fav) cdkitchen.com because I can find any recipe almost. I like Betty Crocker though and one that my hometown extension homemakers put out all the time. I have a dutch oven one that I put together from everywhere; including online, friends, magazines, boxes/packages, and cook-off events. That one I use a lot and constantly add to. It has tips and charts too.

Quote:
Hah! I have 2 of your three (purity and best of bridge) and I will add:

The Complete Harrowsmith Cookbook (this edition has all three Harrowsmith rolled into one which means I no longer have to remember which book a recipe is in)

The other book(s) I can't live without are my moosewood books - between moosewood and harrowsmith, I can almost always find something to cook.

Cheryl

Last edited:
one of my old Grange cook books, they have everything and all from scratch. Local church cook books are good like that too. You can find Grange cook books on ebay or yard sales.

Back
Top Bottom