Which feed is best for my chickens

Mark_

Chirping
May 5, 2021
I have 2 types of brand feeds where i live they are Bryant Feed and West Feed anyone know which one is best I've been feeding Bryant feed and they been having watery dropings

Screenshot_20210505-095225_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20210505-095149_Brave.jpg

I have 2 types of brand feeds where i live they are Bryant Feed and West Feed anyone know which one is best I've been feeding Bryant feed and they been having watery dropings

View attachment 2651449

View attachment 2651452
20% protein is better for adult quail...I think that 16% protein for chickens is enough. However you may want to feed higher protein from fall through winter when they are molting.

I don't like the generic plant product ingredients either, but many of the top feed producers do it this way. Doesn't Purina Flockraiser list ingredients like this? I would vote for the 20% also.

I would pick the second over the first.

The first only has 1 ingredient and the rest is artificial additives... Yes the nutrition might be there but that is just too much of a chemical concoction and it says minimum 20% protein - as much as 40% protein then? Just all feed byproduct mixed together in that one if you ask me with no importance on the right ratio and far too much salt as a result.

The second one sounds better and has half the amount of the salt content of the first feed (but still high) but unfortunately it too contains artificial flavourings which are not healthy ingredients

Last edited:
I would pick the second over the first.

The first only has 1 ingredient and the rest is artificial additives... Yes the nutrition might be there but that is just too much of a chemical concoction and it says minimum 20% protein - as much as 40% protein then? Just all feed byproduct mixed together in that one if you ask me with no importance on the right ratio and far too much salt as a result.

The second one sounds better and has half the amount of the salt content of the first feed (but still high) but unfortunately it too contains artificial flavourings which are not healthy ingredients

Not sure if they label things differently in UK but here feed nutrition panels always say "minimum __%" or "max __%" for each component. Means on analysis they're guaranteeing the feed has at least a certain amount (or under a certain amount) of a component, but I'd doubt you'd find much more than the 20% protein guaranteed as protein tends to be expensive.

Yeah I'm not keen on all the unnamed components and flavorings and such but if these are the 2 feeds available, just have to try and pick the "best" available.

Back
Top Bottom