Which Feed?

Bear and Dart

Songster
Feb 15, 2020
We've been feeding our flock green mountain feeds for awile. I haven't always been in charge of the flock so I'm wondering, is green mountain the best food? They also carry Nutrena's lines of feed, blue seal's, and poulin grains at our local Co-Op. I'd also like to get a all flock feed with oyster shell, which i know nutrena has or feed something else like grower with oyster shell since I have 2 cockerels.

We've been feeding our flock green mountain feeds for awile. I haven't always been in charge of the flock so I'm wondering, is green mountain the best food? They also carry Nutrena's lines of feed, blue seal's, and poulin grains at our local Co-Op. I'd also like to get a all flock feed with oyster shell, which i know nutrena has or feed something else like grower with oyster shell since I have 2 cockerels.
I don’t know what all your flock consists of but I feed Nutrena and recommend it. I am not familiar with the green mountain line of feeds. It might be a good line I am just not familiar with it. If you have mature hens and cockerels I would recommend and all flock feed and feed them oyster shell on the side of that is more economical for you. Nutrena also has a layer feed with the extra calcium contained in it but you would have to feed your hens and roosters separately. That would be difficult so I think feeding the all flock route would be easier. The roosters won’t take the oyster shell. They know not to take it instinctively.

Thank you, I forgot to mention i haven't started any layer feed or anything like that yet. I'm on a grower, we have 2 cockerels ( I cannot keep both ) , 5 pullets, and our only mature hen, Bear the survivor of ironically a bear attack. J have oyster shells for bear and give her eggshell aswell.

Thank you, I forgot to mention i haven't started any layer feed or anything like that yet. I'm on a grower, we have 2 cockerels ( I cannot keep both ) , 5 pullets, and our only mature hen, Bear the survivor of ironically a bear attack. J have oyster shells for bear and give her eggshell aswell.
The Nutrena line is usually under $8 for a 25. Lb bag I believe at our feed store locally in MS. It’s a good feed. I mix mine with organic peas sometimes for interest and to up the protein some. It’s a good feed and smells good also. Like good grain and berries.

I like and use Nutrena Naturewise and Purina Premium feeds. They both have Pre and Probiotics.
I also like BlueSeal Home Fresh feeds. My mom fed her chickens and ducks BlueSeal feeds for 30+ years.
I feed my Hens and Pullets a Non-Medicated Starter-Grower, or All-Flock crumble 18/20% with Oyster Shells separately, whichever is cheaper or available when I'm at TSC.
20200910_095432_resized.jpg

GC

The Nutrena line is usually under $8 for a 25. Lb bag I believe at our feed store locally in MS. It’s a good feed. I mix mine with organic peas sometimes for interest and to up the protein some. It’s a good feed and smells good also. Like good grain and berries.
sounds good, thank you. This is definitely an option.

I like and use Nutrena Naturewise and Purina Premium feeds. They both have Pre and Probiotics.
I also like BlueSeal Home Fresh feeds. My mom fed her chickens and ducks BlueSeal feeds for 30+ years.
I feed my Hens and Pullets a Non-Medicated Starter-Grower, or All-Flock crumble 18/20% with Oyster Shells separately, whichever is cheaper or available when I'm at TSC.View attachment 2331533
GC
thank you!

Back
Top Bottom