Which food to buy at 25 weeks?

Me and a lot of others run this rule of thumb.

You only feed a layer type feed to hens that are laying eggs, if they (the hens) are not laying do to age, health, sex, molt, environment, etc. then they are on a non-medicated starter, grower, or starter/grower.
Layer feed is designed for hens that are laying, the high amount of calcium in a layer feed can cause a number of health problems to non-laying fowl.

GREAT advise Rhonda. I see so much about what to do and what not to do it's crazy. What did they do in the "old" days. No heated water dog bowls, medicated feed or lighted coops etc. Chickens are very adaptable.

GREAT advise Rhonda. I see so much about what to do and what not to do it's crazy. What did they do in the "old" days. No heated water dog bowls, medicated feed or lighted coops etc. Chickens are very adaptable.
I see this, ("What did they do in the "old" days") all the time on here but keep a few thing in mind.

One, These chicken we have today are not the chickens they had in the, ''old days" and also the feed we have today is nothing like the feed they had 10 years ago let alone 30, 50 or 100 years ago.

Yea chickens are adaptable but if you feed them correctly they are healthier, better specimen's of the breed, live longer, produce better, reproduce better, adapt better, etc.

Back
Top Bottom