Which Hatchery Sells Quality And Pure Ameraucanas?

Cackle Hatchery is the only commercial hatchery I know of that sells true Ameraucana chicks. They started their Ameraucana flocks by purchasing from John Blehm in Michigan a well known breeder for Ameraucana's. They have blue,black,splash,buff,white,lavender/self-blue varieties of pretty good quality for backyard chicken people. All other hatcheries (maybe one or two exceptions) and feed stores label EE chickens as Ameraucana.

Well, can't speak to the quality of the Ameraucanas at Cackle, but the EE's I got from them this year are pretty nice... I am assuming that they create the EE's from their Ameraucana stock... But, could be wrong... Anyway, the EE's are really nice birds, I have 3 blues, 2 yellows, 3 blue/wheaten, a blue and white rooster, and a blue/white/brown rooster. Think I will get a pure Ameraucana rooster to put with them, eventually. Rather not double up on the Leghorn genetics. Should have just done that to start with... If I had read this thread and knew they had real ones I would have. At the time I just thought "hatchery birds, why pay more when your going to get the same thing?" Glad to hear at least 1 hatchery has real ones. I was pretty happy with my Cackle order, they sent at least 4 extra chicks(one for each variety ordered) and all were healthy and happy, after flying from Missouri to California.

Back
Top Bottom