Which Heritage Breed are these?

dorthal

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
North Alabama
Pictures are a little small.
If they are the color I think they are I am betting they are Narragensett.
Had a hen like that, but the predators got her. She died trying to save her chicks. I found 4 out of 10 alive. All I found of her was a pile of feathers.

The black one I am betting is a Black Spanish.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I know I will try to get better pictures. However, when I upload, that is the size they become. I also thought they looked like Naragansett, but the Toms have a lot of white in their wing feathers. The hen has grey/silver feathers instead of brown in her tail. I found on the net that there was a Silver Narangansett and it had grey/silver tail feathers. I have checked Porter's, they don't really have any exactly like them. I am also betting they are cross breeds. Hope they will be tasty on the table. That is the reason I have started turkeys. I have a pair of Red Bronze and a Bourbon Red Tom. However, his hen looks more like Porter's Sweetgrass. I will cross breed with them. I will be looking for a Bourbon Red hen.

Thanks again!

I was in the Turkey pen today, and everyone was displaying, I am sure they are Narragensett, boy they are really pretty. Looking forward to eggs and poults. No eggs so far. I have one Tom too many. One will meet the chopping block.

they are mixed royal palm,narragansett cross would be my guess ? they are for sure not pruebreed narragansett or royal palm not enough penciling on tail! one with head down looks lean and almost wild looking! baby poult looks narrgansett but need to look after feathers out!!! tom

they are mixed royal palm,narragansett cross would be my guess ? they are for sure not pruebreed narragansett or royal palm not enough penciling on tail! one with head down looks lean and almost wild looking! baby poult looks narrgansett but need to look after feathers out!!! tom

Back
Top Bottom