• Other

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don't have one

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

oceanjean

Chirping
6 Years
I have been trying to get an incubator to hatch some eggs with but I don't know which ones best. Fan or no fan? Turner or no turner? Little Giant, Hovabator, or Farm Innovators? 100 egg incubator or 20 egg incubator? I could go on forever. Does anyone know what incubator could be the best? I am looking for an incubator that could hold at least 10 eggs.

I was unsure of which incubator to go with when we bought one new. I knew I wanted one with an auto turner & also easy to clean incubator. -Yet I wanted to be able to monitor & watch the hatching chicks. We ended up bought a Brower brand Top Hatch incubator. We hatched with it with no problems, packed it away for the winter & I was *Devastated* to unpack it recently to find 4 cracks in the plastic clear see-thru lid. It was still solid, so I set the incubator up for preheating overnight I was *Stunned* to find the lid had spidered cracked ALL over the top in the morning. It's dish washer safe, but the hottest water I've cleaned it with was hot tap water, so no drastic changes in temperature. It was stored away in the manufacturer box & no blunt force happen to it. Hubby called the company just to hear them say it's over a yr old & that's they've "never heard of that happening"....And we could "Purchase a new clear lid for $34.00 + Shipping & Handling". I'm VERY disappointed that this has happened to the all Important incubator lid. I expected BETTER Quality for an Over $100+ incubator.

When incubating I wrap the incubator base in a bubble wrap around the base for added stability to the temperature. It does stays stable at 99degrees. I prefer to hand turn the eggs. But it is nice that the turner & height of the incubator accommodates multiple species of eggs. I've hatched Sebastopol Geese eggs with no problems. Gosling hatched right out without a problem at all. Just figured I'd give a mention on the pros & cons of the Brower Top Hatch incubator. :) Good Luck in your future Hatches! :)

Last edited:
i just used the little giant with out the egg turner or the fan. I got the thermostat set put three eggs in aded water and in 21 days all three eggs hatched ( that was today actually) i couldn't ask any more than that. it worked great. and for $34.00 at tractor supply how can you go wrong?
JMHO

Just a note- years ago I ran an aquarium shop and the building maintance came in and sprayed for insects- overnight all of our acrylic sumps spider cracked and began leaking. The university here discovered that the pyrethyium (sp?) in the insecticide had broken down the acrylic polymers. Just maybe this could have happened with your incubators top?

Back
Top Bottom