which is easier to raise, boys or girls?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by seedcorn, Jun 10, 2008.

1. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    I have a great respect for any dad that can raise a group of girls.......I vote for boys being easier.....altho I wouldn't trade the experience of raising my daughter for anything.

2. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    What I have heard is that girls are easier all the way until puberty. Then the boys are easier.

Certainly comparing my 2 girls with my neighbors two boys (all under 5 years old), I have it easy.

When my oldest hits puberty, I am going to go live in the chicken coop. She is an emotional train wreck NOW, I can only imagine how bad it will be when the hormones kick in.

3. lewisfarmgurl

lewisfarmgurl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    south carolina
    I have four children, three girls and one boy and for me the boy is a cake walk compared to my girls. lol:D

4. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

I had two boys... one was very difficult and one was very easy - go figure !

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I had one of each.....both of mine were equal in raising.....I think its just each one has a different kind of worry attached to them....

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'd say my daughter was much easier since she gave me much less grief than my boys.

7. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I don't have kids but I did grow up with 2 bothers and 1 sister and I do have to say that if all girls are the same as I was when I was a kid then I would say boys are easier to raise...no question.

8. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:im gonna tell them u said that [​IMG]

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Girls are easier when they are younger and THEN the tables turn and young girls get all boy crazy and turn good child gone bad [​IMG]

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:im gonna tell them u said that [​IMG]

I think they now realize how much grief they gave me since they've now got their own kids!! [​IMG] Thank goodness they survived it all to grow up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by