Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raccoon

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Weasel

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Mink

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
momma my home is about like yours, we have seen them going through the yard and across the drive to get to a pond. we hear them a lot too, they dug up a deer hit on road last year that was buried along the woods and there wasn't much left afterwards.
Ew!
sickbyc.gif
Usually the vultures eat the road kill around here.

it was hit close to our mailbox 1/4 mile west from house , and which way does the wind usually come from, yeah west. so neighbor scooped it up with tractor n brought it back along woods behind us and buried it. hubby went and buried it more and they found it, course our ex neighbors pit bull did too, lol served em right for letting it run.

it was hit close to our mailbox 1/4 mile west from house , and which way does the wind usually come from, yeah west. so neighbor scooped it up with tractor n brought it back along woods behind us and buried it. hubby went and buried it more and they found it, course our ex neighbors pit bull did too, lol served em right for letting it run.
We have a neighbor who lets her two naughty dogs run loose all the time. Several times they have almost been hit by cars, and they are constantly in our yard. It's a good thing I am having such a bad time with hawks, otherwise the chickens would be out and those dogs would probably kill every single one of them. They killed several of my neighbors chickens, but I don't think her ever complained. I never saw him out with those chickens anyway. His last three I think were killed by the same hawk that has been going after my chickens.

The hardest part about raising chickens is that they have so many predators, which means a lot of work, money, and time to protect them. It ends up being worth it in the end though.

wow I know its rough now for people but stealing out of coop is getting bad, read a different thread where people walking off with chickens too. we have a lock on our coop as well, we also have driveway alarms that go off if cars or large animals or people pass, we had a thief issue once.so prepared now

wow I know its rough now for people but stealing out of coop is getting bad, read a different thread where people walking off with chickens too. we have a lock on our coop as well, we also have driveway alarms that go off if cars or large animals or people pass, we had a thief issue once.so prepared now
I will be moving into city limits and January, and won't be able to have chickens again for a while, but not I know to put a lock on the coop when I have them again. I'll also put a lock on my cat enclosure for my outdoor cats. The things people still these days are ridiculous.

times are very hard for some is no wonder so many 20 some things are still living at home, I have a 20 yr.old son who is trying to keep up but if he wasn't here he would be in deep crap.but yes people steal anything they can now and with holidays coming it will get worse.watch yourselves while out shopping!!

Dogs are my biggest issue here cause everyone lets their dogs run free but most everything else is dealt with by me or the dogs. Hawks would be second but the one around here stays by the nut trees in my landlords property for the tree rats. as far as snakes go Ive lived here 4 years and have only seen 1 and that was a black racer. but once I get the coop going I know I will probably see more but the 20 ga. takes care of that issue quick

Back
Top Bottom