Which Of My Chickens Lays White Eggs / Who Is This Chick's Mom?

GreyhoundGrrrl

Chirping
10 Years
May 5, 2012
Madrid, NM
This one is my new "Mystery Chick." She hatched out of a white egg. Her Dad is either a Black Silkie or a Golden Laced Cochin Bantam. I think the identity of her father will become visible over time. But who is Mom?

My chick is mostly black with white on her wing tips, yellow on her belly, and a brown face. She has a beard, look at that beard! LOL!!!

She hatched out of a MEDIUM (bigger than my typical Bantam eggs but smaller than most of the brown eggs I collect from my hens) sized WHITE egg. I have never figure out which of my hens lays white eggs??? I only get one a day, the rest are green or brown. If I can figure out who is laying them I'll be able to identify her mother. I have:
-(4) Buff Orpingtons
-(3) Barred Plymouth Rocks
-(2) EE's (I know it isn't them, their eggs are green)
-(2) Birchin Cochin Bantams (I think they lay small brown eggs although I've never caught them in the act)
-(1) Barred Cochin Bantam (I think her eggs are also small and brown)
-(1) Silver Laced Polish.

So which of these hens is my white egg layer??? Who is Mom?

These are my eggs from my Purebred Barred Rocks. I have 2 hens so the eggs are a little different colored but I think u can scratch ur Barred Rocks off u list, their eggs are of course big and brown! I hope this helps a little! U can also try to Google what color eggs those chickens lay and that might help u out a bit too!!! Good Luck!!!!

Back
Top Bottom