Which of these eggs are good? 10 days candling pics + What is This?

Bantam Username

Songster
8 Years
Aug 3, 2011
Wiltshire, UK
I know number 2 is good as it was moving all over the place when I held it still to candle, I know number 6 is a dud but number 1 originally I thought I saw something that didn't show in the pic so I have only chucked number 6.
102391_pics_4333.jpg

102391_pics_4335.jpg

102391_pics_4337.jpg

102391_pics_4338.jpg

102391_pics_4340.jpg

102391_pics_4342.jpg

Last edited:
Were they all set at the same time? If so, the only ones I see developing are 2 and 3, with 2 being the most promising. Number 3 is developing, but not as the same rate as 2. Keep an eye on it.

Yep, all set at the same time. When I candled at 4 days 3 eggs looked good, then at 7 days I thought I'd recheck and 4 looked good with one slightly less developed than the other three. But now there is such a huge difference in the way they all look and I really only hold out for number 2 which was healthily wriggling.
sad.png

I agree with you that only #2 is viable. Cannot discern if I see any true vessels in #3, but it appears to be breaking down. I will be #2's personal cheerleader! Gooooooooooo 2!

Have recandled my eggs and 1, 2, and 3 look identical to each other now and are obviously still developing although number 2 is the only one I can see wriggling around. Is this normal for them not to wiggle around?
hmm.png

Number 5 is randomly a ring of very obvious veins but no sign of anything else in there. The veins go in a line all the way around the egg but it is a network of veins running in a line round it rather than one solid looking lines, while all the pics of bloodrings or bacterial rings have been solid lines. Should I chuck this one?
idunno.gif

Please help.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom